Reno Car Accident Lawyer
Have you or a loved one recently been injured in a car accident in Reno, Nevada? Contact or call Battle Born Injury Lawyers at (775) 535-7768. You may have the right to recover compensation for your medical treatment, loss of income, and suffering. Our experienced Reno car accident lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2010, our law firm has been a leading advocate for crash victims and families across the state of Nevada. Collectively, our award-winning litigators have over 85 years of experience and have led clients to win over $100 million in settlements and awards.
If your world has changed forever because of a car crash, don’t hesitate to turn to our law office in Reno, NV for help. Give us a call to arrange a time for your free, no-obligation consultation now.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Crash in Reno, NV?
What caused your car accident? How can you be certain you know who’s at fault? What happens if an insurance company tries to blame you? How much money can you get for your injuries?
You shouldn’t have to tackle these questions on your own. Fortunately, you do not have to. By hiring our Reno personal injury lawyers, you’ll give yourself time to rest and get a top-rated legal team to handle these (and other) issues.
Here’s what you can expect when you trust Battle Born Injury Lawyers after a car wreck:
- A thorough investigation into your accident to determine why it happened, who caused it, and who’s liable
- Careful analysis of critical pieces of evidence, including accident reports, physical evidence from the scene, damaged property, photographs, and witness statements
- Consultations with car accident experts as we build and value your claim
- Negotiations with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
If you’re offered a lowball settlement or if other sides refuse to negotiate fairly, our accomplished trial attorneys won’t hesitate to bring your case to a judge and jury in Washoe County. We will be prepared to invest whatever time and resources are needed to get you the best results you deserve.
Our team has decades handling car accident claims. They have been recognized by leading legal rating services for their success in car accident and injury claims, including Martindale-Hubbell, SuperLawyers, and The National Trial Lawyers.
We’ve recovered many notable six and seven-figure awards for car accident victims in Nevada, including:
- $6,255,000 for a client who suffered a brain injury in a motor vehicle accident
- $2,000,000 for a client injured in a serious car wreck
- $1,538,000 for a victim injured in a auto wreck
- $1,500,000 for a motor vehicle accident client
- $1,500,000 for a client who sustained serious injuries in a car accident
We’re proud of our results on behalf of auto accident clients. We know we can put you in position to maximize the value of your claim. Give us a call to arrange a time for your initial case evaluation today. It’s 100 percent free, and our Reno car accident lawyers are standing by to provide the guidance you need right now.
Our Reno Car Accident Law Office
Click here to get directions
Do Car Accidents Happen Often in Reno, NV?
Nevada doesn’t publish data on the total number of traffic accidents yearly. However, thanks to its Vision Zero initiative, the state is very focused on the number of fatal crashes that happen annually.
In 2020, there were 293 fatal car accidents in Nevada, resulting in 317 deaths. That year, 22 of those fatal crashes and 23 of the state’s car accident fatalities happened in the city of Reno.
That’s nearly two fatal car wrecks in Reno every month.
In 2021, accident fatalities increased statewide, with a total of 349 deaths reported after crashes in Nevada. In the first half of 2022*, at least 144 people were killed in Nevada car accidents. At least 17 of those car accident deaths have been reported in Washoe County.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
Car accidents can happen in many different ways. We have experience representing victims of all types of car wrecks.
We handle injury cases involving the following crashes:
- Distracted driving accidents – Distracted driving occurs any time someone takes their eyes off the wheel. It is usually connected to texting or using the phone while driving, but it may also take the form of loud music, eating/drinking, and other distractions.
- DUI accidents – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is one of the most dangerous things a driver can do. It affects a driver’s ability to control and puts everyone on the road at risk. That’s why Nevada is a zero-tolerance state for DUI.
- Head-on collisions – Head-on collisions are one of the most serious auto wrecks imaginable. These incidents often involve high speeds and significant injuries. There are thousands of head-on crashes in Nevada each year.
- Highway crashes – Highway crashes are dangerous due to the speeds of the vehicles involved. Highway crashes are more likely to result in serious injury and death than other types of crashes.
- Hit and run accidents – Hit-and-run crashes occur when a driver flees the scene of an accident after causing or being involved in a crash. They may flee for many reasons, including a lack of insurance, driving without a license, driving under the influence, or their criminal record.
- Rear-end accidents – Rear-end crashes are one of the most common types of car accidents. Often thought of as “fender benders,” these collisions can produce serious damage depending on the vehicles and speeds involved. They can also cause head and neck injuries like concussions and whiplash.
- Speeding accidents – Many collisions involve speeding by one or both drivers. The higher a vehicle’s speed, the more likely it is to cause severe injuries and property damage in a crash.
Regardless of the collision type, You can count on us to investigate your collision to gather evidence and identify liable parties. We will help you determine the value of your damages and pursue the compensation you need after the wreck.
Contact our office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your crash.
Other Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of personal injury cases — not just auto accident claims. In fact, we’ve recovered over $100 million for our clients.
We frequently represent victims of the following types of accidents:
- Motorcycle Accidents – These crashes are typically serious — at least for the rider. Motorcycle riders are usually the ones that suffer the brunt of the damage in a crash, even when they wear helmets. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling motorcycle accident claims. We can help you explore your legal options and work to maximize your compensation.
- Truck Accidents – Trucks and commercial vehicles are a staple on Nevada roads, but they pose serious risks to drivers of passenger vehicles. They outweigh them by tens of thousands of lbs and can cause serious damage and injuries. If you were in a truck accident, our lawyers can help you hold the driver and trucking company responsible for all your damages.
- Pedestrian Accidents – These incidents are common in Reno due to the casinos, hotel resorts, and other attractions downtown. Unfortunately, these incidents have high death rates. Our law firm routinely represents victims of pedestrian accidents. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents – Reno is a great place for cycling. However, congestion and traffic in the city can make it difficult to ride. It can also cause bicycle accidents. If you were in a bike crash, our legal staff can help you understand your rights and options. Let our attorneys hold the careless driver who hit you responsible for your damages.
- Uber & Lyft Accidents – rideshares offer a great way to get to and from Reno’s many attractions. But it’s important to remember rideshare drivers don’t have special training. Therefore, they can and do cause accidents. If you were in an Uber accident or Lyft accident, you may have different avenues for compensation. We’ll help you pursue each one.
- Wrongful Death – Some accident victims succumb to their injuries. Such tragic losses create serious emotional and financial hardships for surviving family members. If you lost a loved one in an accident, Nevada law allows you to pursue a wrongful death claim against the party responsible for the death. These claims won’t bring your loved one back, but they can provide you with a sense of justice and financial relief. Our team can manage all aspects of your case.
- Other Accidents – Whatever the accident, you can trust that we have the skill and knowledge to help you maximize the value of your claim. We will provide you with personalized service and leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of compensation for you.
Contact us today to set up a free case review to learn more about your rights. You can also view all of our practice areas here.
What’s My Reno Car Accident Injury Case Worth?
Many factors will affect how much economic support you can get after you are hurt in a car accident in Reno.
- What types of car accident injuries have you suffered?
- How serious are those injuries?
- Are you able to go back to work and earn an income?
- Will you likely make a full recovery, or will you struggle with a permanent impairment?
- What are your current and projected future out-of-pocket costs?
- How old were you at the time of the crash?
- Do you share responsibility for the wreck?
- Did you take the necessary steps to mitigate your injuries?
As a general rule, cases are worth the most when injuries are catastrophic and the consequences of the accident are severe and long-lasting.
For instance, the National Safety Council determined that the average comprehensive cost of a car accident resulting in possible injuries in 2020 was $160,000. The same collision resulting in disabling injuries is valued at more than $1.25 million.
The more your life changes after a wreck, the more reward you may be able to expect in damages.
Keep in mind that every crash is different, and every victim is unique. The only way to know how much money you may be able to get after a motor vehicle accident is by talking directly to an experienced accident injury attorney. Our legal firm is available to take your call and schedule a free consultation today.
What Causes Most Auto Accidents in Reno?
While auto accidents can happen for almost any reason, some of the main causes include:
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued or distracted driving
- Road rage
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failure to follow state and local traffic laws
- Improper passing
- Illegal turns
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle defects
- Road defects
- Bad weather
Our legal experts will work carefully to identify every possible cause of your wreck in Reno. The more information we have about why your accident happened, the better prepared we will be to seek compensation from all at-fault sides.
What Do I Have to Prove if I File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Nevada?
The vast majority of car accident lawsuits in Nevada are based on negligence.
Negligence essentially means that someone failed to act reasonably under the circumstances and caused you to get hurt as a result.
To win a negligence claim, you will have to prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some way (e.g., texting and driving, drunk driving, running a red light)
- The defendant’s actions or inaction caused you to get hurt
- You sustained damages
In other cases, such as those involving faulty brakes or a defective vehicle, your case may be based on strict liability.
When you choose Battle Born Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from 85+ years of combined experience advocating for wreck victims just like you. We know what steps to take to build a successful claim for damages on your behalf.
How Can Shared Fault Affect My Ability to Recover Compensation in a Nevada Car Accident Case?
Other parties may try to allege that you were negligent, too. Under Nevada state law, sharing fault can affect your ability to obtain compensation.
The state operates under a modified comparative fault rule with a 51% bar to recovery. This means you can recover damages as long as you’re not mostly at fault for the crash. Those damages will be reduced based on your role in the accident.
So if you have a case valued at $100,000 and you are 50% at fault, you will be able to receive $50,000 when your case is resolved.
Car Wrecks in Reno Can Cause Devastating, Life-Threatening Injuries
Contact our accident and injury attorneys if you’ve been in an auto accident and sustained:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We’re here to help anytime – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident?
You should always take a few steps after a car accident to prioritize your health and protect your injury claim.
You should always:
- Contact 911. If your car accident involves property damage or injuries, you should contact 911. The dispatcher will send police officers and, if needed, emergency medical services to the scene. The police officers will investigate the collision and complete an accident report with information about the accident. This report will be important for your injury claim.
- Exchange information. Be sure to exchange contact and insurance information with the other sides involved in the wreck. You will need this info to file an injury claim. You should also exchange contact information with any witnesses to the accident. Their testimony may be important later on.
- Take photographs and videos. You should take photographs and videos of the damage to your car and the position of the vehicles. You should also take photos of your injuries if possible.
- Get medical treatment. You should seek immediate medical attention after your crash. Even if you seem unharmed, you may have suffered injuries that haven’t presented symptoms yet. You can allow EMS to take you to the hospital in an ambulance, or you can promptly follow up with your medical provider. Seeking prompt medical care will help you receive the right treatment for your injuries and prevent others from claiming you failed to mitigate your damages after a collision.
You should also consider contacting an experienced car accident lawyer for assistance with your claim. Contact us for help understanding your rights and options after your wreck.
What Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims in Reno?
Crash victims in Reno can typically recover both economic and non-economic damages for their injuries and suffering.
Economic damages are awarded to compensate for the monetary costs of your accident, such as:
- Hospitalization and current medical care
- Future medical bills and expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Nursing care and assistance
- Property damage
- Lost wages and benefits
Non-economic damages are paid to compensate for hard-to-value consequences in an accident, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
In limited cases, such as those involving an extremely intoxicated driver, punitive damages may also be available. These are intended to punish the defendant for their conduct. To receive punitive damages, you must be able to prove by clear and convincing evidence that the defendant’s conduct was malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Wreck in Reno, Nevada?
Nevada’s two-year statute of limitations applies to most injury and death lawsuits.
This means you’ll have up to two years to file a civil claim for damages after you are hurt or a family member dies in a fatal Reno car accident.
There are times when a different statute of limitations may apply, but they are few and far between. The important thing is to preserve your rights by filing your case on time. Contact our law firm for immediate assistance after your collision.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Most car accident attorneys utilize contingency fee agreements. Under this structure, you don not pay a flat fee at the beginning of your case, and you aren’t billed hourly. Instead, your attorney’s fee is contingent upon the outcome of your case.
If your attorney recovers a verdict or settlement, they will take a percentage of your award (usually between 33% to 40%) as payment for the representation. If they don’t obtain an award for you, you don’t owe any money.
Most injury law firms also offer free consultations to prospective clients. Contact us today to schedule yours.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Reno Car Accident Lawyer
Do not let negligent drivers and insurance companies off the hook after a car accident in Reno, NV. Fight for the economic justice you need and deserve. Better yet, let the skilled Reno car accident lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers manage your case for you.
We’ve spent more than a decade going toe-to-toe against tough adversaries and handling the most challenging injury claims. Through hard work and dedication, we get top results for clients just like you.
We work on contingency, which means there’s no cost to you unless we win your case. Put our award-winning trial lawyers in your corner by calling us to schedule your first case evaluation, it’s absolutely free.
Our personal injury law firm in Reno, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Brain Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Reno, NV
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Fatal Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
Areas We Serve
The auto accident lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers cover all neighborhoods in Reno, Nevada, including Downtown, Panther Valley, Ward 3, Riverwalk District, Wells Avenue District, West Reno, MidTown, Dickerson, and Freight House District. We also serve in Carson City, Sparks, Sun Valley, Hidden Valley, Spanish Springs, Lemmon Valley-Golden Valley, Cold Springs, Mogul, Verdi, Northwest Reno, and surrounding areas.
Additional Reno Car Accident Resources and Blog Posts
- Car Accident Statistics
- FAQs: Car Accident Reports
- How Much to Expect from a Car Accident Settlement
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- See more resources and blog posts
Highly Rated Auto Repair Shops in Reno, NV
- Monkey Wrench
3075 S Virginia St,
Reno, NV 89502
- Hi Tech Automotive – Bosch Car Service
100 Gentry Way C8,
Reno, NV 89502
- Alas Auto Repair
2556 Wrondel Way,
Reno, NV 89502
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.