Head-on crashes are some of the most dangerous and life-altering car accidents that can happen on our roads. When the front of two vehicles collide at high speeds, the impact and resulting injuries can be catastrophic.
If you’ve been a victim of a head-on collision in Reno, NV, you’re likely dealing with severe physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If it resulted from another driver’s negligence, they should be held accountable for your losses. Our Reno car accident lawyers will work to get the compensation you deserve for your damages.
How Our Reno Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You Recover Compensation After a Head-On Crash
The aftermath of a head-on crash can leave victims feeling helpless and overwhelmed. Hiring an experienced Reno personal injury lawyer can provide invaluable support and assistance during this challenging time.
Here are some of the specific steps we can take to help you with your Reno car accident claim:
- We will conduct a comprehensive investigation of the crash, gathering crucial evidence such as police reports, medical records, witness statements, and accident reconstruction expert analysis.
- We’ll help you navigate the complexities of insurance claims, ensuring that you receive the maximum compensation possible under the available policies.
- We will assess and calculate the total value of your losses, ensuring that we pursue compensation that accurately reflects your injuries and damages.
- A majority of personal injury claims settle out of court. Our lawyers will negotiate a fair settlement with the at-fault party or their insurance company that accounts for your damages, future needs, and the long-term impact of the accident.
Call Battle Born Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation to discuss your head-on collision and how we can help you pursue a legal claim.
How Common Are Car Crashes in Nevada?
The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) reported a concerning number of motor vehicle accidents in 2021: there were 43,683 traffic crashes statewide.
These numerous incidents tragically resulted in 317 deaths. In addition to the fatalities, the crashes led to more than 27,500 injuries, further emphasizing the severity of the situation.
From 2016 to 2020, Reno reported a total of 109 car accident fatalities.
Common Causes of Head-On Crashes
A head-on crash occurs when the front ends of two vehicles collide directly. They typically occur when one vehicle crosses the centerline or median, moving into oncoming traffic.
Several factors can contribute to head-on collisions.
Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are texting, talking on their phones, or engaging in other distracting activities are more likely to drift into oncoming traffic, increasing the risk of a head-on crash.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol and drug-impaired drivers have slower reaction times, impaired judgment, and a decreased ability to focus, all of which can contribute to a head-on collision.
- Fatigued Driving: Drowsy drivers may fall asleep at the wheel or have difficulty focusing on the road, increasing their chances of causing a head-on crash.
- Speeding: Excessive speed makes it more challenging for drivers to react to sudden changes in traffic conditions. It can also cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles, leading to head-on collisions.
- Wrong-Way Driving: Drivers who enter highways or other roads going in the wrong direction pose a significant risk for head-on crashes.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, fog, and other adverse weather conditions can reduce visibility and cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles, increasing the likelihood of a head-on crash.
Most of these causes involve some form of driver negligence, meaning many head-on accidents are entirely avoidable.
Common Injuries Suffered in Head-on Collisions
The impact of a head-on collision is typically much more severe than in other types of car accidents, resulting in a higher likelihood of severe and potentially life-altering injuries.
Some common injuries sustained in head-on crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): The violent force of a head-on collision can cause head injuries ranging from mild concussions to severe brain damage.
- Spinal cord injuries: The impact of a head-on crash can cause the vertebrae in the neck and spine to fracture or dislocate, leading to potential paralysis or chronic pain.
- Broken bones: Arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis are among the most commonly fractured bones in head-on collisions as occupants come into contact with the vehicle interior or are thrown from the car.
- Internal injuries: The force of the collision can cause damage to vital organs, such as the lungs, liver, kidneys, and spleen, leading to potentially life-threatening complications.
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries: The rapid acceleration and deceleration of a head-on crash can lead to severe neck strain and injuries to muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
In the most severe head-on collisions, victims may lose their lives.
Who Could Be Liable for a Head-On Crash in Reno, Nevada?
Determining liability in a head-on crash can be a complex process, as several parties might be held accountable depending on the circumstances of the accident.
Some of the potentially liable parties include:
- Negligent Driver: The most obvious party responsible is the negligent driver who caused the head-on crash. This could be due to speeding, distracted driving, aggressive driving, or driving under the influence.
- Vehicle Manufacturers: In some cases, a vehicle manufacturer may be held liable for a head-on collision if a defective part or design flaw contributed to the accident.
- Government Entities: Poor road conditions, such as a lack of signage or inadequate road maintenance, could lead to a head-on collision. In these cases, the government agency responsible for maintaining the roads might be held accountable.
In certain scenarios, other parties may be found negligent. It’s important to identify the responsible party to establish the crucial elements of your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Reno Head-On Crash Lawyers
Head-on crashes are some of the most devastating accidents that can occur on the road. No matter the cause, the impact can result in serious injuries and even fatalities. If you or a loved one has been involved in a head-on collision, know that there are legal options available to help you recover and hold responsible parties accountable.
Do not hesitate to seek the guidance of an experienced Reno car accident attorney who can help you navigate the complex legal system and fight for the justice and compensation you deserve. contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers at (775) 535-7768 to schedule a free consultation.