You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award if you’ve recently been injured in a slip and fall accident in Las Vegas, NV. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers to discuss your legal rights and options. Our award-winning Las Vegas slip and fall accident lawyers are ready to help you fight for the financial accountability you deserve.
For more than a decade, our law firm has been a passionate advocate for injury victims and families in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada. Collectively, our attorneys have more than 85 years of experience and have won over $100 million in settlements and verdicts.
Don’t let negligent property owners off the hook for your trauma and suffering. Contact our Las Vegas, Nevada law office to arrange a time for a free consultation at (702) 570-9000. Our team is ready to listen to your story, explain your rights, and help you move forward with a claim for damages.
Table of Contents
How Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Slip and Fall Accident
What caused you to slip and fall? Did the property owner know that the hazard existed? What can you do if the property owner refuses liability and tries to blame you? How much money is your case worth?
You’ll have to answer these questions if you decide to move forward with a personal injury lawsuit after your slip and fall. The best way to win your case and maximize your financial recovery is by asking for the help of a qualified Las Vegas personal injury attorney.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, our commitment to client satisfaction is second to none. We want you to have the time to rest and recover while also getting every cent you deserve. That’s why we are ready to invest whatever time and resources are necessary to prevail.
Here’s what you can expect when you turn to our personal injury law firm for help after your slip and fall:
- Communication about the status of your claim throughout the process
- Prompt notice when you receive a settlement offer and guidance about whether you should accept it or push forward for a better deal
- A thorough investigation into the hazard and condition that caused you to fall and get hurt
- Consultations with respected specialists and experts as we build and value your claim
- Assistance with gathering evidence, including photographs, video footage, accident reports, witness statements, property damage, and more
- Negotiations with property owners and insurance companies on your behalf
- Litigation at trial if other parties refuse to offer you a fair settlement deal
Battle Born Injury Lawyers works on a contingency fee basis. This means there’s no risk in asking for our help with your slip and fall accident case. You only pay if we win – end of story.
We Handle All Types of Slip and Fall Cases in Las Vegas, NV
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys represent clients who have suffered slips and falls at:
- Casinos and nightclubs
- Water parks
- Restaurants and bars
- Shopping malls
- Retail stores
- Theaters and museums
- Parks and playgrounds
- Parking lots
- Parking garages
- Movie theaters
- Grocery stores
- Home improvement stores
- Schools and daycares
- College campuses
- Government buildings
If your slip and fall happened on someone else’s property, the owner or management could be liable. Contact our law office serving Las Vegas to discuss your legal case and options for a financial recovery today.
What Causes Most Slip and Fall Accidents in Las Vegas?
Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition. This means they must exercise ordinary care to ensure that guests and visitors are safe. Slip and fall accidents should, for the most part, be avoidable.
However, property owners don’t always take this responsibility seriously.
As a result, dangerous conditions and hazards can exist, putting visitors like you in harm’s way.
Hazards that frequently contribute to slip and fall accidents in Las Vegas include:
- Slippery floors and surfaces
- Uncleaned puddles and spills
- Faulty stairways
- Broken stair treads
- Broken or missing railings
- Broken floorboards
- Unsecured carpeting or rugs
- Uneven transitions between rooms
- Debris and clutter
- Loose electrical wires
- Inadequate lighting
If the property owner knew or should’ve known about a slip and fall hazard, they must warn you about it and take steps to correct the issue. If they don’t, they can be financially responsible for the injuries and trauma you suffer.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Case?
Slip and fall accident cases are based on negligence. You will have to prove that the property owner or other responsible party was negligent in the maintenance and care of the premises.
Specifically, you’ll have to establish:
- The defendant owned or was responsible for the premises where the slip and fall accident occurred
- The defendant knew or should have known about a fall hazard but did not take reasonable steps to correct it or provide an adequate warning
- The hazardous condition caused you to slip and fall
- You suffered injuries and damages as a result
Some of these things can be difficult to prove, and you will need considerable evidence to support each element.
Our slip and fall lawyers in Las Vegas have decades of combined experience handling negligence claims like yours. We know what steps must be taken to build a successful claim, establish negligence, and recover a substantial monetary award on your behalf.
What Types of Injuries Can Happen in Slip, Trip, and Fall Accidents?
Victims of slip and fall accidents in Las Vegas, NV are susceptible to injuries that can change the course of their lives forever.
Contact us for assistance if you’ve slipped and fallen and sustained:
- Broken bones
- Dental injuries
- Trauma to the eyes or nose
- Traumatic brain injury
- Trauma to the fingers, hands, or arms
- Joint injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Nerve damage
Our compassionate legal team is also here if you have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one because of an avoidable slip and fall in Las Vegas.
Can I Still Get Compensation If I Share Blame For My Slip and Fall Accident?
Property owners may be quick to blame you for your slip and fall accident. Under Nevada state law, sharing blame can limit or bar a financial recovery.
Nevada is one of a few states to have a 51% bar to recovery under their modified comparative negligence statute. You can recover compensation for a slip and fall injury if you are assigned less than 51% of the blame for your accident. Once liability exceeds half, the right to a third-party financial recovery is lost.
Let’s say you slip and fall at a hotel in Las Vegas. You weren’t really paying attention to where you were going, so you were assigned 20% fault for your accident. Your personal injury case is valued at $100,000. Once liability is factored in, you will be able to walk away with up to $80,000 in damages.
It’s important to be prepared for victim-blaming tactics. Even if there’s no proof, insurance companies and property owners will hope that these allegations scare you into walking away from the compensation you deserve. Our premises liability lawyers will be ready to defend you at every turn.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Slip and Fall Injury Victims in Las Vegas?
When you suffer a slip and fall because of a property owner’s negligence, you can recover a monetary award that reflects your financial losses (economic damages) and the suffering you experience (non-economic damages).
This can include money for:
- Present medical treatment
- Future medical expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Nursing care and assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our Las Vegas slip and fall accident attorneys will aggressively pursue damages that reflect the full and correct value of your case.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Slip and Fall Injury Case in Nevada?
Like most other personal injury lawsuits in the state of Nevada, a two-year time limit applies to slip and fall claims.
There are times when the statute of limitations can be tolled, such as when a slip and fall victim is a child.
However, these situations are rare. You will lose the right to file a claim once the deadline that applies to your case expires. It’s important to take prompt action to ensure that your rights are preserved.
Arrange a Free Case Evaluation With a Trusted Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Did you or a loved one recently slip and fall in Las Vegas, Nevada? The property owner may be financially responsible for the resulting injuries and trauma. Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you seek maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and distress.
Contact our Las Vegas slip and fall accident lawyers to arrange a time for a free consultation to learn more. Our caring team is always available to take your call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV