Were you recently injured while riding a bike in Las Vegas, NV? Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers by filling out our intake form or calling (702) 570-9000 for immediate assistance. You may have the right to recover compensation for your loss of income, medical care, and suffering. Our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers are ready to help you fight for the maximum financial recovery.
Since 2010, our award-winning trial attorneys have been fierce advocates for injury victims and families in Las Vegas. Collectively, our lawyers have more than 85 years of experience and have won well over $100 million in settlements and jury awards.
We care deeply about getting the top results for our clients – and we’re here to make things right for you. Contact our law office in Las Vegas, Nevada to schedule your free consultation. Our team is standing by to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bike Accident
Whether you’re hit by a car, crash into a fixed object, or collide with another cyclist, the consequences of a bike accident can be catastrophic. Painful physical injuries may prevent you from working, making it hard for you to make ends meet. The emotional trauma of your bicycle accident can also take a toll.
When you’re faced with these challenges, the last thing you need to worry about is a hotly contested claim for damages. That’s why Battle Born Injury Lawyers should be your first call for help. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are ready to step up and fight to get the financial award you not only need but deserve.
We’re nationally recognized for our hard work and results. Client satisfaction is second-to-none. We are committed to providing personalized, effective legal representation and achieving top results for every client.
While you have the time to get better and begin to move forward, our top-rated legal team will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your bicycle accident to establish the cause(s) and determine who’s at fault
- Gather evidence, including photographs, video footage, medical records, vehicle maintenance records, witness statements, forensic reports, and physical evidence from the scene
- Bring in experts and specialists to provide insight into the more complicated or technical aspects of your bicycle injury case
- Fend off claims that you’re at fault or share responsibility for your bike crash
- Negotiate with insurance companies to secure the best possible terms in a settlement deal
If other parties refuse to negotiate fairly, we’ll be prepared to reject lowball offers and bring your case to a jury in Clark County.
Our Las Vegas personal injury law firm works on a contingency fee basis. There’s no cost to hire our attorneys unless we win your case. That’s right: you pay nothing unless we secure a financial award for you.
Call our law office or reach out to us online. We’re ready to take your call, answer your questions, and schedule a free consultation now.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Las Vegas, NV?
While bike accidents can happen for any number of different reasons, some leading causes include:
- Driver or rider distraction (distracted driving)
- Drug and alcohol use (drunk driving)
- Failure to follow state and local traffic safety laws
- Failure to yield the right of way, especially at an intersection
- Riding in a vehicle’s blind spot
- Failure to leave an adequate distance between a bicycle and vehicle while passing
- Unsafe and/or illegal turns
- Riding in hazardous weather conditions or when visibility is limited
- Defective vehicles or bicycles
- Hazardous or defective road conditions
Our bicycle accident attorneys in Las Vegas will work diligently to identify every possible cause of your traffic accident. Once we determine causation, we can begin to build a bicycle accident claim against anyone who shares liability.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Las Vegas is actually one of Nevada’s more bicycle-friendly communities. Many neighborhoods – including Downtown, Summerlin, and North Las Vegas – have marked or dedicated bicycle lanes and shared-use paths to facilitate riders.
Nevada also has some very bicyclist-friendly laws, like the three-foot rule that requires motorists to leave significant space (even an entire lane) when passing a cyclist.
It’s no surprise that the Las Vegas area has seen a significant increase in the number of cyclists in recent years.
Despite this, or perhaps partly due to the influx of riders, car accidents involving bicyclists aren’t all that uncommon in Las Vegas or across the state of Nevada. In fact, cyclist fatalities have increased recently. In 2020, 11 bicyclists were killed in the state of Nevada. Given that bicyclists are often more vulnerable to fatal injuries in urban crashes, riders in a busy city like Las Vegas must exercise additional caution.
What is My Bicycle Injury Case Worth?
No two bike accident cases are alike. Every crash has unique circumstances, and every bike victim has their own story. So, the value can, and does, vary widely from one personal injury case to the next.
Many factors will be important when determining how much money you can get for your bike accident injuries, including:
- What types of injuries did you suffer? How serious are they?
- Can you still work and earn an income?
- Will you suffer a permanent impairment or disability?
- How will your earning capacity change, if at all?
- What kind of emotional trauma have you suffered?
- Did your own negligence play a role in the bike accident?
- Did you take the necessary steps to mitigate your injuries?
- Have any pre-existing medical conditions been affected?
- How old were you when you were in your bicycle accident?
Generally speaking, cases are valued the highest when injuries are catastrophic or deadly. The more of an impact a crash (and resulting injuries) have on your life, the more money a related case will tend to be worth.
What Damages Are Available to Bicycle Accident Victims in Las Vegas, NV?
Our bicycle injury attorneys will aggressively pursue both economic and non-economic damages available to you under Nevada state law.
Economic damages are secured to offset the financial costs and losses associated with a bicycle accident:
- Hospitalization and current medical expenses
- Future medical bills and follow-up medical care
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages and income
- Lost benefits
- Nursing assistance or care
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate victims for the hard-to-value losses associated with a bike accident:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Depression and anxiety
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If it’s clear and convincing that the defendant’s conduct was malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent, punitive damages might also be applicable. However, these are limited to only the most serious situations, like those involving extremely intoxicated drivers or hit-and-run motorists after a fatal bike accident.
We’ll Fight to Get Money For all of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
As the victim of a bicycle accident, you may suffer:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain injury
- Trauma to the eyes, nose, and face
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Dental injuries
- Neck injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Joint injuries, including to the knees, shoulders, and hips
- Burn injury
- Nerve damage
It’s important to seek medical care as soon as you can after your bicycle crash. Prompt care will help reduce the risk of complications that could result in wrongful death. Plus, your visit will help prove that your injuries were, in fact, a result of your recent bicycle accident. The sooner your injuries are documented, the better your chances of a full financial recovery.
What Happens If I’m Blamed For a Bicycle Crash in Las Vegas, Nevada?
As a cyclist, it’s important to prepare yourself for the likelihood that you’ll be blamed. Other parties and their insurers will try to say that you caused the accident, even if it’s not entirely true. Nevada has a modified comparative fault rule with a 51 percent bar to recovery. This means that your right to compensation disappears once you’re assigned 51 percent of the blame for your accident.
Sharing some – but less than 51% – of the blame will still get you compensation. However, your damages will be reduced according to your role in the wreck. If you’re assigned 10 percent of the blame, your financial recovery will be limited to 90 percent of the total value of your bicycle accident case.
It’s important to have an experienced Las Vegas bicycle accident attorney representing you if you want to protect your financial recovery. At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we know these victim-blaming claims all too well. Too often, they’re made without evidence and simply designed to scare victims away from a case. We won’t let that happen on our watch. We’ll fight back and work to ensure that fault is apportioned correctly and that you’re awarded all of the money you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Bicycle Crash in Nevada?
The statute of limitations for most bicycle injury lawsuits in the state of Nevada is two years. This means you’ll typically have two years from the date of your bike accident or the death of a loved one to file a lawsuit.
While there are exceptions, they’re few and far between. And if you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you’ll give up the opportunity to demand the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Did you get hurt in a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, Nevada? Call Battle Born Injury Lawyers to discover how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyers are ready to fight for you. Give us a call or connect with us online to arrange a time for your free, no-obligation case evaluation now.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Our Las Vegas Law Office
Available 24/7 to take your call!
Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Resources
- Las Vegas Bicycle Safety Overview – PPM
- State E-Bike and Bicycle Helmet Laws -NOLO
- Bicycles – Nevada DMV Traffic Safety Quick Tips
Las Vegas Hospitals Near Us:
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center – 657 N Town Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144
- Valley Health Specialty Hospital – 8656 W Patrick Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89148
- Nevada Integrated Healthcare – 10155 W Twain Ave Suite 110, Las Vegas, NV 89147
Las Vegas Bicycle Accidents Blog Posts:
- 7 Common Types of Motorcycle Crashes in Las Vegas and How To Avoid Them
- How Much Money Can You Get From a Pedestrian Accident Claim Involving a Car in Reno, Nevada?
- Should I Call 911 After a Car Accident in Reno, NV?
- What Does Yielding the Right of Way Mean in Las Vegas, Nevada?