Are you struggling with a traumatic brain injury after an accident in Las Vegas, Nevada? You may have the right to receive compensation for your medical care, lost income, and suffering. The experienced Las Vegas brain injury lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers are here to help you recover your maximum financial award.
Since 2010, we’ve been known as top personal injury litigators in southern Nevada. Our clients benefit from an award-winning team with over 85 years of combined experience. We’ve won well over $100 million in settlements and verdicts for clients who have suffered injuries in Las Vegas car accident injuries, bicycle accidents, Las Vegas motorcycle accident injuries, slip and falls, truck accident cases in Las Vegas, wrongful death claims, and more.
Let us fight to get the accountability you deserve. Contact our Las Vegas, Nevada law office to arrange a time for a free consultation at (702) 570-9000. Our compassionate team is available to take your call right now.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in Las Vegas, NV
The consequences of a brain injury can be immediate and long-lasting. Medical bills can add up quickly, and a sudden loss of income can make a tough situation worse. Insurance companies will fight you tooth and nail as you seek the compensation you deserve.
Now is the time to ask for help, not try to handle a contested personal injury claim on your own. Make Battle Born Injury Lawyers your first call.
Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are the compassionate and effective allies you need during this time. We are committed to providing a highly personalized level of service and effective legal representation to every client.
While you have the opportunity to focus on healing from your traumatic brain injury, our respected litigators will:
- Gather evidence related to your brain injury case, including medical records, police reports, photographs, property damage, physical evidence from the scene, witness statements, and more
- Investigate the circumstances that caused or contributed to your traumatic brain injury
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Work closely with top-tier brain injury experts and specialists
- Defend you against victim-blaming strategies designed to hurt your chances of a complete financial recovery
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Reject lowball offers and bring your case to a jury in Clark County if you aren’t offered a fair settlement deal
Our Las Vegas personal injury law firm works on contingency. You pay nothing for our hard work and dedication unless we win your case. Contact us to arrange a time for a free consultation to learn more.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be broadly defined as trauma to the head that disrupts normal brain function.
This might result from a closed head injury, where the brain moves violently around inside the skull, making contact with the bone. Alternatively, a TBI can result from a penetrating head injury, where the skull is fractured or broken, leaving the soft tissue inside vulnerable to external trauma.
The term “traumatic brain injury” refers to several different types of brain injuries, including:
- Diffuse axonal injury
- Hypoxic brain injury
- Anoxic brain injury
- Skull fracture
Brain injuries are typically classified by a victim’s loss of consciousness and symptoms:
- Mild TBI: loss of consciousness of less than 30 minutes
- Moderate TBI: loss of consciousness between 30 minutes and 24 hours
- Severe TBI: loss of consciousness exceeding 24 hours
The more serious the side effects and symptoms of a TBI, the more severe the case.
What Are the Symptoms of a Brain Injury?
Some potential consequences of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Poor balance
- Changes in hearing, vision, and other senses
- Loss of sensation
- Difficulty speaking
- Slurred speech
- Changes in emotions or mental status
It’s important to seek medical attention if you have recently suffered a bump, blow, or jolt to the head. Sometimes the indications of a brain injury might not be apparent right away.
Getting to the doctor can help ensure that any brain injuries are properly diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. This will help limit complications and support future claims for damages you may decide to pursue.
What Can Cause a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Any trauma to the head can potentially cause a brain injury.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have sustained traumatic brain injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Negligent security
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Sport injuries
If you suffered a TBI from a slip and fall accident, our Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers are available to assist you. Do not hesitate to reach out to our legal team if you or a family member has recently suffered a head injury in an accident in Las Vegas, Nevada. We would be happy to listen to your story, review the available evidence, and offer some preliminary legal guidance.
What is My Traumatic Brain Injury Claim Worth?
The value of your brain injury case will depend largely on the severity of your TBI and the long-term consequences you’re going to face.
Research suggests that the lifetime medical costs associated with a traumatic brain injury can range anywhere from $85,000 to over $3,000,000. This doesn’t even take into account things like a loss of income, disability, nursing assistance, or the pain and suffering of having to live with a TBI.
Ultimately, the more catastrophic your injury and the more it changes your life, the more your case will tend to be worth.
It’s important to speak directly with a personal injury attorney who has experience handling brain injury cases. At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we’ve been helping brain injury victims in Las Vegas for decades.
Contact our law office to find out how our 85+ years of combined experience can help you win your case and get you the full value of your injuries and suffering.
What Damages Are Available to Brain Injury Victims in Las Vegas, NV?
When you suffer a brain injury through little to no fault of your own in Nevada, you should be entitled to both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are paid to offset the financial cost of your TBI and can include money for:
- Present and future medical bills
- Nursing care and assistance
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Medical devices and equipment
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are paid to make up for the trauma of a brain injury that’s hard to value, such as:
- Chronic pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Depression and anxiety
Punitive damages may also be available if you’ve been the victim of conduct that can be classified as malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent.
Our experienced Las Vegas brain injury attorneys will work hard to ensure that your financial award correctly reflects the total value of your case.
How Will Nevada’s Comparative Negligence Law Affect My Brain Injury Case?
Other parties might try to point fingers and blame you for your brain injury. If you do nothing, you could watch your right to compensation disappear. Nevada has a modified comparative fault rule with a 51% bar to recovery. Once you are assigned 51% or more of the blame for your accident, the right to a financial award disappears.
Sharing less than half of the blame will affect how much money you can get.
Under Nevada state law, damages are reduced in direct proportion to your degree of fault. If you were assigned 5% fault for a motor vehicle accident that caused your brain damage, your financial recovery will be reduced by 5%.
Our brain injury attorneys in Las Vegas will be ready to defend you against victim-blaming strategies. The less fault you share, the more money you can potentially get when your case is resolved. Our goal is to help you recover every cent you deserve under the law.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim If I’ve Suffered a TBI in a Las Vegas Accident?
Nevada has a two-year time limit that applies to most brain injury lawsuits.
There are certain situations when a different statute of limitations may apply. However, these are few and far between. For instance, the statute of limitations can be tolled if a child is the victim of a brain injury.
Don’t let time run out. You will lose the opportunity to file a claim, demand accountability, and recover the compensation you deserve if you miss the deadline that applies to your case.
Contact our personal injury and wrongful death attorneys for help preserving your legal rights.
Speak With an Experienced Las Vegas Brain Injury Lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers
Have you suffered a brain injury or lost a family member to a TBI in a fatal accident in Las Vegas, Nevada? Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers for immediate assistance. Our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers can help you seek financial justice for your injuries and suffering.
We are ready to put 85+ years of combined experience behind your case. Give us a call and arrange a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Our Las Vegas Law Office
Available 24/7 to take your call!
Las Vegas Brain Injury Lawyer Review
Read more of our client testimonials here.
Highly Rated Emergency Rooms in Las Vegas
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center – 657 N Town Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144
- Valley Health Specialty Hospital – 8656 W Patrick Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89148
- MountainView Hospital – 3100 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Kindred Hospital Las Vegas – Sahara – 5110 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89146
Related Blog Posts
- 7 Common Types of Motorcycle Crashes in Las Vegas and How To Avoid Them
- How Much Money Can You Get From a Pedestrian Accident Claim Involving a Car in Reno, Nevada?
- Should I Call 911 After a Car Accident in Reno, NV?
- What Does Yielding the Right of Way Mean in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Additional Las Vegas Brain Injury Resources
- Brain Injury Lawsuits – NOLO
- Brain Injury Association
- Head Injury Association of Northern Nevada – BrainLine