Have you been injured while working on a construction site in Las Vegas, NV? If so, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits or damages in a third-party lawsuit. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers for help. Our award-winning Las Vegas construction accident lawyers are ready to help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Since 2010, we’ve led clients to over $100 million in financial settlements and awards. Our track record and client satisfaction are second-to-none.
We’re the advocates you’ll want in your corner after your job site accident. Get in touch with our law office in Las Vegas, Nevada to learn more and arrange a time for a free consultation now at (702) 570-9000.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Construction Accident in Las Vegas, NV
It can be difficult to know what steps to take after a construction accident in Las Vegas. You may have the right to recover benefits from your employer’s workers’ compensation policy or seek damages in a lawsuit. But you can’t trust insurance companies or at-fault parties to make things right. To win your case and maximize your recovery, you’ll need to level the playing field.
That’s why our Las Vegas injury lawyers should be your first call after an accident.
We are here to handle your construction injury case from start to finish.
While you focus on getting better and getting back to work, our top-rated litigators will:
- Determine all possible options for a financial recovery
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your construction accident to determine why it happened, how it could have been avoided, and who’s at fault
- Provide notice of claims and file documents within appropriate timeframes, as established by Nevada state law
- Consult with respected medical professionals, construction experts, and other specialists as we build and value your claim for damages
- Handle negotiations with your employer’s insurance carrier and other involved parties on your behalf
- Prepare to escalate your case to a judge or jury if you aren’t offered a reasonable benefits package or settlement deal
With Battle Born Injury Lawyers, you don’t have to worry about the cost of hiring a lawyer right away. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning there’s no fee unless we win your case. That’s right: you pay nothing unless we get you a settlement or secure compensation on your behalf.
We offer a free initial case evaluation, so don’t delay in reaching out to our legal team to set up a time for yours now.
We Handle All Types of Construction Accident Cases in Las Vegas
There’s always something in Las Vegas that’s under construction. There are dozens of projects slated to get underway in the coming years. Construction is, however, quite a dangerous industry. Construction workers put their safety and lives on the line every day.
No matter your job or occupation, and no matter what type of project you’re working on, Battle Born Injury Lawyers will be there if you get hurt on your job site.
We represent clients who have sustained injuries in all types of construction accidents, including:
- Trenching accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Ladder accidents
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Crane accidents
- Hoist accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Excavator accidents
- Dump truck accidents
- Accidents involving hand tools and power tools
- Falls from heights
- Falling debris accidents
- Elevator shaft accidents
- Electrocution accidents
- Gas leaks and explosions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Demolition accidents, and more
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office to discuss your legal rights after your construction accident in Las Vegas. We’ll be there to listen to your story and offer the guidance and support you deserve.
What Are the Top Causes of Construction Accidents?
Construction accidents can happen for almost any reason. However, there are some things that contribute to injury-causing and fatal construction site accidents more than others. Typically, violations of safety regulations are the top contributing factors.
- Unsafe working conditions
- Inadequate safety equipment
- Inadequate fall protection
- Missing guards on equipment or materials
- Tripping hazards
- Unsafe equipment
- Defective equipment
- Inexperienced or untrained laborers
And when it comes to fatal construction accidents, OSHA – the Occupational Safety and Health Administration – has a breakdown of leading causes.
Known as the “fatal four,” these include:
- Struck-by objects
- Caught-in/between objects or machinery
These four things account for roughly one-third of all construction accident deaths across the nation every year.
How Do I Get Money For My Construction Accident Injuries?
There will typically be two paths to financial recovery after a construction accident in Las Vegas: workers’ compensation and/or a personal injury lawsuit.
File a Claim for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you work for a private employer, they’re required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This is a policy that protects your employer from lawsuits and allows you to recover benefits, regardless of who’s at fault for an accident on a job site.
Through this no-fault coverage, you can secure compensation for things like:
- Medical treatment and expenses (as related and necessary to your construction injury)
- Temporary and permanent disability
- Vocational rehabilitation maintenance and training
Benefits are capped and limited in scope. You’ll notice that you won’t be able to recover money for things like emotional distress or suffering.
File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
When you go through workers’ compensation, you generally waive the right to file a lawsuit against your employer. However, that doesn’t mean you give up the right to sue altogether.
You may have a legitimate claim against another third party, like a:
- Property owner
- General contractor
- Motorist, if you are involved in a construction-related car or truck accident
With a lawsuit, the damages available are less limited.
You can secure both economic and non-economic damages, including money for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Nursing assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages may also be available in limited instances. However, these are reserved for situations when punishment is warranted, and you have clear and convincing proof that the defendant acted intentionally or with a conscious disregard for your safety.
What Types of Injuries Can Result From Construction Accidents?
Many construction workers struggle with the consequences of their workplace injuries for years. Even seemingly minor trauma can have sizable effects on the ability to work and enjoy your life.
Our Las Vegas construction accident attorneys are here to help you seek compensation for all of your injuries, no matter how big or small they may seem to your employer.
We’ll help you pursue money for:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Repetitive motion injury
- Occupational disease due to exposure to toxic chemicals
- Wrongful death of a family member
Always seek medical treatment immediately after getting hurt on a construction site in Las Vegas. Seeking prompt care will help to document your injuries and limit the chances of potentially life-threatening complications.
Once you’ve taken that important step, don’t hesitate to contact our law office to speak with our compassionate legal team. We’ll be there to answer your questions and offer guidance during this difficult time.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After Getting Hurt on a Las Vegas Construction Site?
Nevada law gives you one week to notify your employer of your injury and 90 days to file a formal claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
If you decide to file a lawsuit or wrongful death claim, a statute of limitations of two years will apply.
Do not miss the deadline that applies to your case. If you do, you’ll miss out on the opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve. The sooner you jump into action, the better the chances of a full and meaningful financial recovery.
Arrange a Time to Speak With a Las Vegas Construction Accident Lawyer
You could be entitled to a substantial monetary award if you or a family member has been involved in an accident on a Las Vegas, NV construction site. In order to cover your bases, give yourself time to recover, and increase the odds of maximum recovery, you’ll need to ask for help. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers.
Our Las Vegas construction accident lawyers are ready to help you stand up to insurance companies and at-fault parties to demand the money you deserve. Contact us today to discover how our 85+ years of combined experience and track record of handling cases like yours can benefit you. We offer a free case evaluation and are standing by to help you right now.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV