Was your child injured in Las Vegas, NV? Was someone else was responsible? You might be entitled to compensation for medical bills, your lost wages, and your child’s pain and suffering. An experienced Las Vegas child injury lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Our lawyers have been working hard to protect the rights of families like yours since we opened our doors. Over the years, we’ve recovered over $100 million for our injured clients.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Child Injury Claim in Las Vegas
Children are resilient. However, they can also be more susceptible to injury than adults. According to one CDC study, over 12,000 children in the U.S. die because of unintentional injuries every year. Countless more are injured when adults are negligent.
If your child was hurt due to someone else’s mistake, you deserve to be compensated. A Las Vegas injury attorney at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you fight for every available dollar.
Our lawyers have over 85 years of experience between us. We’ve been rated by Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars. We’ve also won the Avvo Client Choice Award for our exceptional legal representation.
Hire us, and you’ll have an entire team to:
- Investigate your child’s injury and prove liability
- Locate all responsible parties
- Hire experts to help prove causation and establish your case value
- Handle all paperwork and communications with the insurance companies
- Negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your settlement award
You deserve to hold the at-fault party accountable for your child’s injuries. Get the help you deserve by calling for a free consultation with a Las Vegas personal injury attorney today.
Overview of Child Injuries
Kids get hurt every day. Some of those injuries are simply part of growing up. However, if your child was injured because of an adult’s negligent, reckless or wrongful acts, you may be entitled to compensation. Under Nevada personal injury laws, anyone who caused your child’s injury can be held financially responsible.
Examples of parties that may be responsible for your child’s injury include:
- School bus drivers
- Daycare center aides
- Property owners
- Business owners
- Dog owners
- Manufacturers of defective products
- The at-fault driver in a motor vehicle accident
- Employers of negligent employees
- Government agencies
- Members of the clergy
Our lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation to identify all parties who may share responsibility for your child’s injury. It’s never too early to start learning about your legal options. Just call our law firm in Las Vegas to schedule your free case review today.
Types of Child Injuries
There are countless ways that a child can get hurt.
Our lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers often represent clients who have sustained:
- Soft tissue damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
As a parent or guardian, watching your child struggle with painful injuries is difficult enough. You shouldn’t have to worry about money while your child is suffering. To learn more about how our Las Vegas child injury attorneys can help you fight for the fair compensation you deserve, call for a free initial consultation today.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Child Injuries?
Not all injuries are easy to diagnose. You’ll probably know right away if your child was burned or broke a bone. Other injuries are more difficult to detect.
For example, if your child suffered spinal cord damage or a brain injury, some signs to watch for include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of motor function
- Tingling or numbness in the limbs, hands, or feet
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Nausea or vomiting
- Memory loss
- Dilated pupils
- Unexplained behavioral or personality changes
You should always see a doctor if your child is involved in an accident. Prompt medical care can help your family avoid some of the more serious long-term damage an injury can cause.
What Causes Most Child Injuries?
There are countless ways that a child can get hurt. Some of the most common causes of child injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Food poisoning
- Playground accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Daycare accidents
- Bus accidents
- Sports accidents
- Boating accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Criminal assault
Unfortunately, many of these injuries occur because an adult was careless. If your child was hurt because of someone else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice today.
How Do I Establish Liability in a Child Injury Case?
There are many different grounds for filing a child injury lawsuit. Most personal injury claims are based on negligence. However, the specific legal basis for holding the negligent parties accountable will depend on how your child was injured.
Premises Liability and the Attractive Nuisance Doctrine
Property owners have a legal duty to keep their property in a reasonably safe condition for invited guests and visitors.
Owners of businesses, schools, and playgrounds must:
- Fix any known hazards
- Conduct regular inspections to locate hidden dangers
- Provide adequate warning about unsafe conditions that can’t be fixed immediately
However, they aren’t typically responsible for injuries sustained by trespassers. The rules are slightly different when it comes to kids.
Children often trespass because of “attractive nuisances” on someone else’s property. A swimming pool is a typical example of an attractive nuisance. If the child is injured because the property owner failed to take reasonable steps to keep children away from the nuisance, the property owner may be liable.
Property owners are also responsible for taking reasonable security measures to keep kids safe. That includes schools, daycare centers, and even summer camps. Owners are required to take reasonable steps to protect children from criminal activity.
Examples of adequate security include:
- Installing metal detectors
- Hiring security guards
- Installing video surveillance
- Making sure gates and fences are locked
The types of security required depend on the facts. If the owner knows crime is prevalent in the area, they must take stronger steps to keep children safe.
Kids are hurt every day because of defective toys, sports equipment, and even vehicle safety features. Manufacturers of defective products can be strictly liable for damages. Instead of proving negligence, you must prove that the product suffered from a defect to recover damages.
What Is My Las Vegas Child Injury Case Worth?
To calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim, our lawyers will first analyze the specific facts of your case. Every injury is different–and no two personal injury cases are exactly the same.
Some factors that will play a role in establishing your case value include:
- The type of injury sustained
- Whether your child will suffer any permanent impairment
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your expected need for future medical care or rehabilitation
- Your lost wages while caring for your child
- Whether the injury will impact your child’s future earning ability
- The emotional and physical trauma of the accident and injury
More severe injuries tend to lead to higher settlements. However, many different factors can play a role in calculating your case value. You can expect the insurance company to try to diminish the value of your claim. They might even blame your child.
Speaking with a lawyer is the best way to get a sense of your case’s value. You can learn more by calling Battle Born Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Child’s Injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Examples of the types of compensation you may receive include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished future earnings
- Rehabilitative care
- In-home assistance and caretaker costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of a normal childhood
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
It’s also possible that punitive damages may be available. These damages are typically only available if the defendant’s acts were intentional or amounted to gross negligence. For example, you may be entitled to seek punitive damages if your child was injured by a drunk driver.
How Long Do I Have to File a Child Injury Lawsuit in Nevada?
Contact a Las Vegas Child Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Cases involving child injuries can be complicated. You deserve an experienced Las Vegas child injury lawyer in your corner. To learn more about your legal rights, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV