Have you recently been injured while working in Las Vegas, NV? Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers to discuss your legal right to compensation. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and/or damages in a third-party lawsuit. Our experienced Las Vegas workplace accident lawyers can help you work toward a maximum financial recovery.
For more than a decade, our law firm has been a leader in personal injury litigation in Las Vegas, Nevada. Collectively, our award-winning attorneys have more than 85 years of experience. Together, we’ve won over $100 million in damages for injury victims and families throughout Southern Nevada.
Benefit from our experience, resources, and reputation after you get hurt on the job. Don’t leave well-deserved money on the table. Contact our Las Vegas law office to get started with a free consultation now at (702) 570-9000.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help If You Get Hurt While Working in Las Vegas, NV
Whether you work at a casino, on a construction site, or behind a desk, it’s important to understand your rights if you get hurt on the clock. Your work-related injuries can be costly and interfere with your ability to earn an income. You’ll need money to help make ends meet until you can get back on your feet.
Fortunately, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits and even have the right to collect damages in a lawsuit. But to win and maximize your recovery, it will be important to get an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer to represent you.
Your employer, liable parties, and insurance companies will fight you every step of the way. Battle Born Injury Lawyers will be your fiercest advocate, working tirelessly to ensure that you’re awarded every cent you deserve under the law.
While you have the opportunity to focus on getting better, our top-rated Nevada litigators will:
- Investigate your workplace accident to determine how it happened, if it could have been avoided, and who may be liable
- Determine if you qualify for workers’ compensation and/or if you can bring a lawsuit against a negligent third party
- Gather essential pieces of evidence to support your claim, including photographs, accident reports, documentation of OSHA violations, witness statements, medical records, and more
- Prepare and handle filings on your behalf
- Negotiate with your employer’s insurance carrier and other parties to secure the best possible benefits package and/or settlement deal
- Escalate your case to court if other parties try to lowball you or refuse to negotiate fairly
Our Las Vegas personal injury law firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning there’s no cost to hire us unless we win your case. Get in touch to learn more about our legal services and arrange a time for your free consultation today.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Nevada?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, workplace accidents – particularly fatal ones – happen more frequently in Nevada than in other states across the country.
In 2020, there were 29,800 nonfatal work-related injuries reported in the state of Nevada. This only reflects workers in private industries, not employees of government agencies or operations.
Out of these 29,800 injuries, at least 18,500 were severe enough to cause the victims to miss time at work.
That year, at least 37 workers were killed in workplace accidents in Nevada. Per 100 employees, the state has a higher injury and fatality rate than the nationwide average.
We Handle All Types of Workplace Accident Cases in Las Vegas, NV
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we’re here to help you no matter what industry you work in or what kind of job you have.
Contact us for assistance in handling workplace accident cases involving:
- Construction accidents
- Casino accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Drowning accidents
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and other motor vehicle accidents
- Warehouse accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Environmental exposure accidents
- Assaults and sexual assault
- Criminal attacks
- Caught in/between a machine or heavy equipment
- Struck by an object
- Dog bites
If you’ve been injured at work, it’s important to report the incident and seek medical treatment as soon as you can. While seemingly minor, these steps can help ensure your safety and support any future claims for damages you may pursue.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Las Vegas?
Some common causes of workplace accidents in Las Vegas include:
- Violations of Nevada state and federal OSHA safety standards
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Coworker negligence
- Slippery floors or surfaces
- Defective equipment or heavy machinery
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
It’s important to identify every potential cause of a workplace accident in Las Vegas. Once the cause is established, our work injury lawyers can move forward and build a strong legal claim against liable parties on your behalf.
What’s My Workplace Accident Case Worth?
The value of your workplace accident case will depend on:
- How you decide to move forward and seek compensation
- The types of injuries you’ve suffered and how serious they are
- Whether you were able to continue to work
- If you will suffer a permanent impairment or disability
- How you’ve been affected psychologically by the trauma of your workplace accident
- How old you were at the time you got hurt on the job
It will be essential to speak directly with an experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorney about the details of your work injury case. Don’t hesitate to contact our law office to arrange a time for a free case assessment now.
How Do I Receive Compensation After Getting Hurt On the Job in Las Vegas?
There are two paths to financial recovery after a workplace accident in Las Vegas: benefits through a workers’ compensation claim and damages in a personal injury lawsuit.
You may qualify for compensation through one or both of these avenues.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
All private employers in the state of Nevada are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This is a no-fault system that allows injured workers to recover benefits, regardless of who is at fault for an accident. It also protects employers against lawsuits when workers are hurt on the job.
Note that benefits in a workers’ compensation claim are limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation maintenance
- Vocational rehabilitation training
- Death benefits
Benefits are subject to limitations and can only be secured by following strict procedural rules. Working closely with an attorney with experience handling workers’ compensation claims in Nevada will be vital if you want to recover a full financial award.
Damages in a Third-Party Claim
Just because you might waive your right to sue your employer after a workplace accident doesn’t mean you will give up the right to sue altogether. If your employer violated safety regulations or another negligent party caused you to get hurt, you may have the right to file a lawsuit for additional damages.
Other liable parties might include:
- Property owners
- Government agencies
- Motor vehicle drivers
- Employers of negligent parties
When you file a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your financial losses as well as the pain and suffering you experience. These are known as economic and non-economic damages, respectively.
This can include money for:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost wages and income
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Nursing care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
Punitive damages may also be available in a personal injury lawsuit, whereas they are not applicable in workers’ compensation matters.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Work-Related Accident in Nevada?
Again, it depends on how you decide to pursue compensation.
You must notify your employer of your accident within seven days and file a workers’ compensation claim for benefits within 90 days.
If you file a personal injury lawsuit, Nevada’s two-year statute of limitations will typically apply.
What Types of Workplace Injuries Can Occur in Las Vegas?
Employees who get injured on the job in Las Vegas, Nevada can suffer a wide range of serious and life-changing injuries.
Call our Las Vegas workplace accident attorneys for assistance if you’ve suffered:
- Broken bones
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Nerve damage
- Degloving injury
- Crushing injury
- Burn injury
- Occupational disease or illness, including cancer
- Repetitive motion injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Get to a hospital in Las Vegas to make sure your injuries are treated right away. This will be critical for establishing a causal link between the work-related accident and your injuries.
Arrange a Free Case Assessment With an Experienced Las Vegas Workplace Accident Lawyer
You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award if you’ve been hurt while working in Las Vegas, NV. Make sure you fight to get every cent you deserve. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers to discover how our Las Vegas workplace accident lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
We’re ready to invest the time and resources needed to get you the results you deserve. To begin, simply give our law firm a call and speak with a member of our compassionate legal team. We’ll schedule a time for a free consultation so that we can begin to move forward toward a meaningful financial recovery for you.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV