Have you been injured in an accident in Las Vegas, NV? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost income, and other important damages. The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you hold the at-fault party responsible. Contact us at (702) 570-9000 to schedule your free consultation
Established in 2010, our law firm has recovered over $100 million for injury victims in Nevada. Our legal team has over 85 years of combined experience in personal injury and insurance law. We’ll use every bit of it to help you get the money you deserve after your accident.
We work on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we recover compensation for your claim.
Table of Contents
Why Choose Battle Born Injury Lawyers To Handle My Injury Case?
A lot is at stake when you are injured in an accident. Recovering compensation might mean the difference between getting the treatment you need to heal and experiencing permanent complications from your injuries. That’s why your choice of a lawyer matters.
Battle Born Injury Lawyers is ready to fight for you. We have the skills, knowledge, and resources to handle even the most complicated claims. We’ve already recovered $100 million (and counting) for our valued clients. We can work hard to help you recover the settlement you need to move forward after your accident.
Here’s why you should hire Battle Born Injury Lawyers:
- You’ll get an experienced legal team. We have over 85 years of combined legal experience. Many of our attorneys started their careers on the defense side, representing large corporations and insurers. They now use that expertise to help injury victims.
- You’ll receive award-winning client service. Top organizations have recognized our lawyers for their outstanding results on behalf of clients, including Avvo, Super Lawyers, Nevada Business Journal, and more.
- You pay nothing unless we win. We work on contingency fee. You only pay attorney fees if we recover a settlement or verdict on your behalf. We’ll then take a percentage of that compensation as payment for our services.
Call Battle Born to schedule your free consultation with a personal injury attorney.
Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Law Firm Near You
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You could have a personal injury case after almost any type of accident. Someone else must have been responsible for the accident, and you must have suffered injuries or losses in the incident.
These cases frequently arise after car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and other injury-causing events. These cases are typically based on negligence but may trigger strict liability for certain injuries like dog bites or product defect injuries.
The best way to determine if you have a personal injury case is to schedule a consultation with a legal expert.
Why Should I Hire a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury lawyer can be a great asset when you are pursuing an injury claim after an accident.
- They can level the playing field. There is a huge disparity of power between you and the insurance company. They have almost unlimited resources to fight your claim. They will use their economic might to bully you into a low settlement. An attorney can put you on equal footing with the insurer. They can give you your own resources and protect your interests during the life of your claim.
- You’ll have experienced representation. Your lawyer can investigate your accident to gather evidence to prove your claim. They can file all claims and lawsuits — on time — and negotiate favorable settlements on your behalf.
- You’ll be blamed. Insurers are infamous for blaming accident victims for their own accidents. Nevada follows a modified comparative fault rule. If the insurer can prove you were 51% at fault for your injuries, you get nothing. If you’re less than 51% at fault, your compensation will be reduced. Your personal injury attorney can protect you from unfair, untrue accusations of comparative fault.
- You need time to rest. You need time to heal and recover after your accident. You can’t do that if you’re constantly working on your claim. Your lawyer can take over all aspects of your case, while you focus on resting after your injury.
Call us today to learn more. We offer free consultations to help you determine whether you have a claim after your accident.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is potentially your only way to recover compensation after your accident. Therefore, if you have medical expenses, lost income, and other losses after your injury, you will probably need to file a claim.
You shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial burden of an accident if you aren’t responsible for causing it. While a claim won’t restore your health, it should put you back in the position you were in before the accident financially.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases
We strive to help people after any type of accident.
We have 85 years of combined experience handling all types of injury claims.
We have unparalleled knowledge and skills in handling cases involving motor vehicle accidents.
This city has a lot of traffic — and a lot of tourists. It’s easy to get distracted by the bright lights of the city while driving. Unfortunately, the city has its fair share of car accidents. If you were injured in a car crash, you could be entitled to a financial award for your medical bills, lost income, and other losses.
Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys can help you hold the at-fault driver responsible for your damages.
This area is a great place to ride a motorcycle. You can ride across the desert or ride by the casinos and hotels. However, drivers don’t always keep an eye out for motorcyclists, especially with so much else to look at in the city.
If you were in a motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation. Our Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyers can help you recover the money you need to get back on your feet.
We rely on large trucks to keep supplies coming to its businesses, restaurants, hotels, and casinos. That means there are a lot of them on our roads. These large trucks can pose serious risks to other drivers, especially when they cause a crash.
If you were in a truck accident, our Las Vegas truck accident attorneys can help you hold the trucker and truck company accountable for your damages.
We also handle cases involving:
- Brain injuries
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
- And more practice areas
If you’ve been injured in one of these accidents, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers today.
Las Vegas, NV Accident and Injury Statistics
This city is a great place to live, work, and play. But accidents are common due to the high population, traffic, and tourism in the city.
In 2020, the state of Nevada experienced 317 traffic fatalities, up from 304 a year earlier. Most of these fatal accidents (224) happened in urban areas like Las Vegas and Reno.
In 2021, the traffic deaths were even higher at 382 fatalities. Over 230 of these fatalities occurred in Clark County. Nevada also had 85 pedestrian deaths and 79 motorcyclists’ deaths in 2021.
Nevada’s roads aren’t the only hazard in the state, workplaces can also be dangerous. The state had 37 fatal work injuries in 2020. Transportation incidents caused 14 of these fatalities, while slips, trips, and falls accounted for 8 others. Violence and contact with equipment accounted for most of the remaining workplace deaths.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Your personal injury case is unique. Therefore, no lawyer can analyze its value without knowing the facts of your case and the extent of the damages you’ve suffered.
The value of your case will depend on several factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of your medical bills
- The extent of your lost income
- Whether your earning capacity has been diminished
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- Whether you share fault for your accident
- The strength of your evidence.
Typically, cases involving serious injuries are worth the most. Still, the best way to determine your case’s worth is to schedule a free consultation with an injury lawyer. Reach out to Battle Born Injury Lawyers for help calculating your claim’s value.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Nevada?
You’ll have two years to file a lawsuit after most accidents in Nevada. The clock typically starts running on the date of your injury.
This time limit is called a statute of limitations. It encourages injury victims to file their claims while witnesses and evidence are still available and relevant.
Consult with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to determine the deadline to file your claim.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless they secure a favorable result in your case. The lawyer will receive a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your awarded compensation.
The percentage is based on the complexity of your case, the severity of your injuries, and the parties involved. During your initial consultation, you’ll discuss the payment arrangement and agree on a percentage that the attorney will get if they win your case.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we offer a free initial consultation, and you pay absolutely nothing unless we secure a settlement or verdict in your favor. Contact us to learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship.
What Damages Are Available to Accident Victims?
Economic damages cover the financial costs associated with your accident, including:
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as the cost of nursing care or prescription medications
Non-economic damages cover your personal losses that are more difficult to value, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Physical impairment
- Loss of quality of life
If the defendant acted maliciously in causing the accident, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. These losses are awarded to punish the defendant and set an example to deter the bad conduct.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
Insurance companies and others may try to blame you for causing the accident to reduce their financial liability. This is a common tactic, so don’t be alarmed if you’re facing fault allegations.
Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence law, meaning that accident victims can still get compensation as long as they aren’t more at fault than the defendant(s). In other words, you cannot be 51% or more at fault for the accident or injuries. If you share partial blame, your award will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
For example, a jury determines that you’re 40% at fault for the accident. Your awarded damages will be reduced by 40%. If the jury awarded you $100,000, you’d only be entitled to $60,000. You can’t recover anything if you’re assigned 51% or more of the blame.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After an Accident?
Having a lawyer on your side after an accident can significantly increase the odds of winning your case and getting the money you deserve.
A personal injury attorney will:
- Investigate the cause of your accident and gather evidence to prove that the defendant is at fault
- Handle communications and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf
- Identify all avenues for compensation to ensure that you receive the money you need
- Consult leading experts and specialists to value your claim properly and build your case
- Fight unfair allegations of blame
- Take your claim to court if the other side refuses to negotiate in good faith
Reach out to our law firm to see how we can help you recover the financial award you need after an accident.
Nevada Personal Injury Laws
Nevada’s personal injury laws can be confusing, especially if you’re unfamiliar with them and facing challenges after an accident.
Here are some important state laws to familiarize yourself with:
- Statute of limitations: Accident victims typically only have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. There may be exceptions, so it’s crucial to speak with an attorney as soon as possible to preserve your legal rights to compensation. If you miss the deadline that applies to your situation, you’ll forfeit your right to hold the responsible party liable for your damages.
- Modified comparative fault: Individuals can get money from the at-fault party even if they’re partially at fault for the accident. However, you cannot be more at fault than the defendant. As long as you’re no more than 51% to blame, you can get compensation. However, your losses will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
- Fault-based auto insurance law: Nevada is a fault-based auto insurance state. You must prove that the at-fault driver caused the accident to recover compensation from their bodily injury liability insurance provider.
If you have questions after being injured in an accident, don’t hesitate to call our personal injury attorneys for assistance.
What is Negligence and How Do I Prove It?
Negligence is the failure to act with reasonable care, causing another person harm.
The four elements of negligence are:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. For example, a doctor owes their patients a duty to act with a reasonable standard of care. Drivers owe those sharing the roads a duty to drive carefully and follow traffic laws.
- The defendant breached their duty of care by acting carelessly (or intentionally).
- The breach directly caused your injury, and the harm was a foreseeable result.
- You sustained damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and inconvenience.
To prove the elements of negligence, we’ll gather evidence, including medical records, accident reports, photographs and videos of the accident scene and your injuries, and expert opinions.
What is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case allows people to pursue compensation when another party causes economic and non-economic losses. It enables the victim to be “whole” again after an accident.
If were hurt because someone was careless, you shouldn’t have to worry about the financial toll alone. Filing a claim against the at-fault party allows you to hold them financially liable for your expenses and emotional trauma.
All kinds of accidents may give rise to a valid claim, such as a motor vehicle collision, bicycle accident, slip and fall accident, nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, or dog bite.
Will My Case Go to Trial?
Whether your case goes to trial depends on the facts and circumstances. All personal injury cases are unique. However, most of them settle and don’t go to trial.
The factors that may affect whether your case goes to court include:
- The parties involved
- The willingness of the insurance company or defendant to settle for a fair amount
- The severity of your injuries
- The complexity of your case
- The amount of damages you’re seeking
Our attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance companies, but we’ll be ready to battle them in court if they refuse to cooperate.
What Steps Should I Follow After an Accident?
The aftermath of an accident can heavily impact your case for compensation from the at-fault party.
Here are a few quick steps you should take in order to protect your interests:
- Contact the authorities. Calling 911 is the easiest way and is required by law in some circumstances.
- Receive medical attention. Even if you aren’t obviously injured, it is worth going to a doctor. Some ailments are not immediately apparent, and documenting your injuries with medical proof is important.
- Stay at the scene of the accident. If you flee the scene, it will be much more difficult to obtain maximum compensation.
- Collect evidence. Take down insurance and contact information from those involved, if possible, as well as photos and videos of any damages you’ve incurred.
- Do not accept blame. Making statements of blame could reduce or prevent your claim for compensation.
It’s also an excellent idea to hire a personal injury attorney after an accident. A lawyer can guide you in real-time on how to proceed. Call us for a free consultation.
Who Could Be Liable For My Injuries After an Accident?
The chances are that if you were injured at someone else’s fault, there is an available party to pursue compensation from.
A few examples of liable parties include:
- Other individual persons
- The government
You might even be able to pursue a claim against multiple parties. If you’re not sure who could be liable, feel free to reach out to Battle Born Injury Lawyers. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to go over your case.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
Every personal injury case is unique, and each will proceed on its own timeline. Some take just a matter of weeks, while others can take much longer. That said, there are still a few considerations that affect how long each one takes to resolve.
The willingness of the other side to negotiate in good faith is one indicator. If they aren’t, we are prepared to take your case to court if necessary. Cases that reach court will most likely take longer to conclude, but sometimes that’s the only way to maximize your settlement or verdict.
However, cases that make it to court will not always make it to trial. When we bring your case to court, we gain access to the discovery process, which could unearth critical evidence to prove your case and convince the other side to offer a fair settlement.
If your case does end up going to trial, it will almost certainly take longer to resolve. The key thing to remember is that our personal injury lawyers will work with you to make sure our goals are aligned with yours.
Contact Our Experienced Las Vegas Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys with Battle Born Injury Lawyers have more than 85 years of combined experience and have collected more than $100 million for deserving accident victims throughout the area.
Our firm offers a no-obligation, free consultation. Reach out via a phone call or our online form to get started. Our lawyers are eager to begin working to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve after suffering a personal injury.
What Our Clients Say About Us – Client Review
Read more of our client reviews here.
- Basic Personal Injury Settlement Breakdown: How Much Goes in My Pocket?
- How Long Does it Take to Get A Settlement Check?
- Ultimate Guide to Hiring an Injury Lawyer
- What Is a Personal Injury Case?
- What’s the Difference Between a Claim and a Lawsuit?
- When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Highly Rated Local Emergency Rooms
- Emergency Room – Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, West Flamingo
9880 W Flamingo Rd,
Las Vegas, NV 89147, United States
- ER at the Lakes
3325 S Fort Apache Rd,
Las Vegas, NV 89117, United States
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
657 N Town Center Dr,
Las Vegas, NV 89144, United States
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
9300 W Sunset Rd,
Las Vegas, NV 89148, United States
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
5400 S Rainbow Blvd,
Las Vegas, NV 89118, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.