Have you recently been injured in a car accident involving a Lyft vehicle in Las Vegas, NV? Contact or call Battle Born Injury Lawyers at (702) 570-9000. You may have the right to recover a substantial monetary award for your medical bills, loss of income, and suffering. Our Las Vegas Lyft accident lawyers are ready to help you fight to maximize your financial award.
Since opening our doors in 2010, our law firm has been a leading advocate for injury victims and families in Southern Nevada. Putting over 85+ years of combined experience behind every case, we’ve helped lead our clients to over $100 Million in financial victories.
Put yourself in the best position to get the compensation you deserve. Give our law office in Las Vegas, Nevada, a call to discover why we’re the attorneys you’ll want fighting for you. Your first case evaluation is 100 percent free, so contact us today.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Accident in Las Vegas, NV
Whether you’re a Lyft passenger, driving another vehicle, or a pedestrian on the side of the road, the consequences of a rideshare accident can be devastating. And since these accidents involve someone who’s working, things can get a bit complicated when it comes to liability.
You don’t have the time or energy to navigate a complex legal claim for damages. You’re struggling with serious injuries and deserve the opportunity to get better. That’s where our Las Vegas car accident lawyers can help.
Our award-winning litigators will handle every aspect of your fight for compensation while you take the time you need to recover.
- Provide guidance and support during this difficult time
- Coordinate a thorough investigation into the Lyft rideshare accident
- Determine the Lyft driver’s status at the time of the crash
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Gather critical pieces of evidence to support your claim for damages
- Consult with respected car accident experts and specialists in the greater Las Vegas area
- Negotiate with at-fault parties and their insurance companies on your behalf
- Be ready to reject lowball settlement offers and bring your case to a judge and jury in Clark County, if necessary
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency fee basis. There’s no cost for our legal representation unless and until we win your case. No exceptions, no excuses. Call a personal injury attorney to learn more and arrange a time for your free initial case evaluation now.
Who’s Liable For My Injuries After a Las Vegas Lyft Accident?
Anyone who contributes to your Lyft rideshare accident can potentially be responsible for the consequences.
Lyft accidents tend to be a little bit different from other auto accident cases because they involve someone who is driving for hire. So, if the Lyft driver was negligent and contributed to the accident, things can get a bit tricky. Ultimately, liability will depend on whether the Lyft driver was engaged in work and, if so, what their status was at the time of the accident.
Lyft Driver Off the Clock
When a Lyft driver isn’t logged into the app on their phone, then they’re just considered to be another motorist on the road. When an off-duty Lyft driver contributes to an accident, they can be personally liable for resulting damages.
This means you’ll be able to file a claim with the negligent Lyft driver’s personal insurance company or sue the driver personally.
Lyft Driver Waiting For a Ride Request
Lyft has a limited insurance policy that will kick in once the Lyft driver logs into the app and is prepared to transport passengers. While they’re waiting for a ride request, Lyft’s limited policy provides third-party coverage for accidents in which they’re involved.
This coverage includes:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage
Lyft’s insurance coverage is secondary, meaning that you’ll have to exhaust other available coverage first.
Lyft Driver Accepted a Ride Request
Once a Lyft driver accepts a ride request, Lyft has a million-dollar liability insurance policy that will cover damages resulting from an accident.
- $1,000,000 in liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage for bodily injury
- Comprehensive and collision up to the cash value of a vehicle
Lyft’s million-dollar insurance policy is effective while the driver is en route to pick up a passenger, while transporting a passenger, and up until the ride is formally terminated in the app.
You may also have a legitimate claim for damages against other negligent parties, such as:
- Other third-party motorists, including drivers of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and buses
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Employers of responsible parties
- Property owners
- Manufacturers of defective vehicles or equipment
- Property owners
Always be sure to work with an attorney who has experience navigating the complexities of liability in rideshare accident cases. Battle Born Injury Lawyers is here to provide the level of legal service you deserve.
Can I Sue Uber or Lyft After a Rideshare Accident in Nevada?
Lyft drivers in Las Vegas are independent contractors. In fact, Clark County even requires rideshare drivers to apply for a business license before they can work for a company like Uber or Lyft. When an accident happens, the company is not vicariously liable for the negligence of its drivers – because they’re not employees.
So, absent some proof of negligent hiring, abuse, or other extenuating circumstances, you probably won’t be able to sue Lyft directly after an accident. However, keep in mind that they do have insurance that will likely cover costs related to your injuries and trauma.
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents in Las Vegas?
Despite that Lyft drivers are required to get a business license, they’re not professional drivers. There’s no special course or driver’s license they have to secure to transport passengers. Often, Lyft accidents are the result of Lyft driver negligence.
Some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to yield the right away
- Stopping or parking a vehicle in a manner that blocks traffic
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failure to look for pedestrians and bicyclists in an intersection or crosswalk
- Unsafe turns
- Poor vehicle maintenance
Vehicle defects, weather conditions, road construction, and other factors can also contribute to Lyft accidents in Vegas.
Lyft Crashes Can Cause Serious, Life-Changing Injuries
Any type of car accident – including rideshare crashes – can leave victims struggling with catastrophic injuries.
Don’t hesitate to call our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys after a Lyft collision if you’ve suffered:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Neck and back injury
- Chest injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one in a fatal Lyft accident
Always seek medical treatment as soon as possible after a rideshare accident. Prompt medical attention can limit the risk of complications and provide support for future claims for damages you decide to file.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Been Hurt in a Lyft Accident?
As the victim of a Lyft accident, you can recover compensation for your monetary losses (economic damages) and pain and suffering you experience (non-economic damages).
These compensatory awards can include:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Mental anguish
- Chronic physical pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
Our Lyft accident attorneys in Las Vegas will aggressively pursue all available compensation under Nevada law.
When Do I Have to File a Lyft Injury Claim in Nevada?
Nevada has a statute of limitations of two-years that applies to Lyft accident and injury claims.
It will be important to file your claim within two years of the date of your injury or loved one’s wrongful death. If you miss the deadline that applies, you will give up the right to demand accountability and secure the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Las Vegas Lyft Lawyer
Did you recently suffer injuries in a Lyft car accident in Las Vegas, Nevada? Do not hesitate to contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers for help with your claim for damages. Our Las Vegas Lyft accident lawyers are here to guide you to a maximum financial recovery.
Benefit from 85+ years of experience and a team that’s won over $100 Million in damages for clients like you. Get in touch to arrange a time for your free, no-obligation case evaluation now.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV