Did you or a loved one suffer a life-altering injury in Las Vegas, NV? A catastrophic injury will change your family’s life forever. If you were a victim of someone else’s careless or reckless actions, you might be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced Las Vegas catastrophic injury lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you fight for every dollar you deserve.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 85 years of experience representing seriously injured clients. Since we opened our doors back in 2010, we’ve recovered more than $100 million to help accident victims involved in Las Vegas motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, brain injury cases, Las Vegas workplace accidents, wrongful death claims, dog bite cases, and more.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Las Vegas
When a severe injury turns your life upside down, money might be the last thing on your mind. Unfortunately, the cost of treating these injuries can be astronomical. An experienced Las Vegas injury lawyer can help you recover fair compensation so you can get the treatment you need.
At Battle Born Injury lawyers, our lawyers will do everything possible to protect your future. We’ve been recognized as Super Lawyers for our high-quality legal representation. We also won the Avvo Client’s Choice award and have earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating.
Hiring us means you’ll have a team of advocates to:
- Determine who was responsible for your injuries
- Gather evidence and hire experts to strengthen your case
- Work with doctors and specialists to assess the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Defend you if you’re blamed for getting hurt
- Negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your compensation
It’s never too early to explore your legal options. Call our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can fight for you today.
Overview of Catastrophic Injuries
There’s no precise definition of the term “catastrophic injury.” However, a catastrophic injury is one that will fundamentally change your life.
These injuries cause significant long-term pain and suffering, permanent disability, or long-term impairment. They’re also some of the most expensive injuries to treat. Some catastrophic injuries are ultimately fatal. Most catastrophic injuries leave the victim entirely unable to work and earn a living.
Catastrophic injury claims are different from typical injury cases. They’re more complex because it could take months for the victim to reach maximum medical improvement (MMI). Until the victim reaches MMI, it can be impossible to determine the true amount of damages the injury has caused.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Any type of injury can be classified as “catastrophic” if it’s serious enough.
Nevada insurance laws define catastrophic injuries to include the following types of injury:
- Loss of sight in one or both eyes
- Loss of hearing in one or both ears
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries that cause significant cognitive impairment
- Severe burns
- Loss of speech or permanent speech impairment
- Coma or vegetative state
- The loss or significant impairment of internal organs or organ systems
- Severe crushing injuries
Have you or a loved one suffered a significant physical or cognitive impairment?
Our Las Vegas catastrophic injury attorneys can help you fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
Just call our personal injury law firm to schedule a free consultation today.
How Common Are Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries are surprisingly common.
Here are some statistics that show just how often they occur:
- In 2019 alone, 223,135 Americans were hospitalized with traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and over 176 TBI-related deaths occur every day.
- About 17,800 new spinal cord injuries are reported each year–and about 294,000 people in the U.S. are already living with serious spinal cord injuries.
- About 185,000 amputations occur in the United States every year.
Every day, Las Vegas residents are hospitalized because of serious injuries. If you or a loved one are suffering, you deserve the best legal advice possible.
To learn more about our legal practice, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation today.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of Catastrophic Injuries?
An injury is classified as catastrophic because it will have significant long-term consequences. However, those consequences can vary widely depending on the type of injury involved.
Some of the most significant long-term consequences of catastrophic injuries include:
- Loss of your ability to work
- Chronic pain
- Cognitive impairments
- Loss of motor function
- Personality changes
- A need for round-the-clock care
- Loss of independence
- Reduced life expectancy
- Infections, blood clots, and other ancillary medical issues
- Severe depression, PTSD, and other mental health disorders
Catastrophic injuries can also dramatically impact a victim’s family. Family members may be unable to work while they provide assistance with the most basic daily activities. A catastrophic injury can also cause significant damage to personal and family relationships while the victim struggles with ongoing effects.
What Causes Most Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can happen under many different circumstances. However, most severe injuries happen because someone was negligent. In other words, they’re caused by preventable accidents.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of catastrophic injury claims in Las Vegas, including those that involve:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus and train accidents
- Uber or Lyft accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Sports accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Construction accidents in Las Vegas
- Workplace accidents in Las Vegas
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Sexual assault
If you were injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to significant compensation. While you focus on your recovery, our trial lawyers in Las Vegas will work tirelessly to recover the money you need and deserve. We’re ready to get started today, so call for a free case review.
What is My Las Vegas Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
Most catastrophic injury cases are worth more than your average personal injury claim. However, it can take a while to fully understand how much your case is worth. Our injury and accident lawyers will carefully evaluate your unique circumstances when we calculate your case value.
Some of the factors that will influence the value of your case include:
- Your age, life expectancy, and earning capacity prior to the injury
- The cost of your past medical care
- The anticipated cost of your future medical treatment and long-term care needs
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and ability to work
- The impact of the injury on your family
- Your emotional and physical suffering
A catastrophic injury can impact you for the rest of your life. Because of that, it’s especially important to make sure your settlement or verdict covers all of your damages. Our lawyers will bring in experts in medicine, life planning, economics, and other specialties to help us understand the future costs you might incur.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Catastrophic Injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada?
If someone else’s negligence or wrongful acts caused your injury, you have the right to seek compensation. However, you’ll have to identify the types of damages you’ve suffered before the insurance company will hand over a check.
Accident victims in the state of Nevada are entitled to compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those with clear financial value, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Diminished or lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- In-home care
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages attempt to provide compensation for your subjective losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Damage to relationships
- Loss of consortium
Some catastrophic injuries are so serious that the victim never recovers. If you lost a loved one, we can help you fight to recover compensation for wrongful death. You may be entitled to money for funeral costs, burial expenses, and loss of your loved one’s company.
How Long Do I Have to File a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Nevada?
Under Nevada law, most accident victims have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The two-year statute of limitations applies in most accident cases, including those involving motor vehicle accidents and slip and fall accidents.
It’s also possible that you could have more or less time to take legal action. That’s why it’s always a good idea to speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Our team is ready to start building your case today, so give us a call to learn more about your legal options.
Contact a Las Vegas Catastrophic Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
A catastrophic injury can fundamentally change your life in an instant. If someone else was responsible for your injury, you have legal rights. We’re here to protect those rights. Call Battle Born Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Las Vegas catastrophic injury lawyer today.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
Our Las Vegas Law Office
Available 24/7 to take your call!
Highly Rated Hospitals in Las Vegas
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican Hospital, West Flamingo – Las Vegas, NV – 9880 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89147
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center – 657 N Town Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center – 5400 S Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89118
- ER at the Lakes – 3325 S Fort Apache Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Recent Catastrophic Injury Blog Posts
- The Most Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accidents Caused by Brake Checking in Nevada
- Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Minor Car Accident in Las Vegas, NV?
- What Does Yielding the Right of Way Mean in Las Vegas, Nevada?
- Who Is At Fault in a Las Vegas T-Bone Car Accident?
Additional Las Vegas Catastrophic Injury Resources
- City of Las Vegas
- Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) in Nevada
- Stats of the State of Nevada
- Filing a Report – Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
What Our Las Vegas Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our Google Reviews.