Were you recently injured in a motorcycle wreck in Las Vegas, Nevada? It’s important to understand your legal rights and options. You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award to cover the costs of your injuries and suffering. The experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2010, our award-winning trial attorneys have been top advocates for injury victims in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada. Putting 85+ years of combined experience behind every case, we’ve helped our clients recover over $100 million in settlement and jury awards.
Table of Contents
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Las Vegas, NV
Why did your motorcycle accident happen? What specifically caused it? Who is legally responsible for the resulting damages? What happens if someone tries to point fingers and blame you?
You shouldn’t have to answer these questions on your own. Instead, you should have the opportunity to focus on recovering from your catastrophic motorcycle accident injuries. That’s what can happen when you hire our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers to handle your case.
While you take the time you need to get back on your feet, our top-rated legal team will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your motorcycle crash
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, including witness statements, vehicle maintenance records, video footage, medical records, and physical evidence from the scene
- Fend off claims that you share responsibility for your motorcycle wreck
- Negotiate with negligent motorists, insurance companies, and anyone else who may be responsible for your injuries
- Escalate your case to trial if you aren’t offered a fair settlement during negotiations
When you choose Battle Born Injury Lawyers, you don’t have to worry about the cost of an attorney. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay absolutely nothing unless we win your case. When we win, our fee simply comes out of your financial award.
There’s no risk in asking for our help, so don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office to schedule a free consultation today.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Nevada?
Riding a motorcycle might be a great way to get around Las Vegas and southern Nevada, but it can also be dangerous. Motorcycle accidents account for 19.2% of Nevada’s total traffic accident fatalities.
In other words, one out of every five fatal motor vehicle accidents in Nevada involves a motorcycle.
Between 2014 and 2018, Nevada saw 268 deadly motorcycle accidents. Those resulted in 305 fatalities.
Data suggests that 70% of these fatal motorcycle accidents happen on urban roads.
During this time, Clark County, home to Las Vegas, saw the lion’s share of fatal motorcycle wrecks: 193 out of the state’s 268 fatal crashes happened in Clark County.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas?
Motorcyclists must secure a class M motorcycle license before they can legally operate a bike in the state. This involves passing a riding safety course and logging supervised riding hours.
Everyone who shares the road in Las Vegas has a responsibility to follow the law and be careful.
So, in theory, car accidents involving motorcycles should not happen. But, as we’ve seen, motorcycle crashes are all too common.
Most often, these motorcycle wrecks happen because someone is negligent.
Negligence involves a failure to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances, which can include:
- Drug and alcohol use
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Lane splitting
- Unsafe passing
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe turns
- Riding in a vehicle’s blindspot
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Road hazards
Other things like bad weather, road defects, vehicle defects, and limited visibility can also contribute to motorcycle crashes in Southern Nevada.
Who Can Be Liable For a Motorcycle Wreck in Las Vegas?
Following a thorough investigation into your motorcycle accident, it may become apparent that one or more of the following parties is liable:
- Negligent motorists, including drivers of passenger cars, other motorcyclists, truck drivers, and bus drivers
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Motorcycle or vehicle manufacturer
- Property owners
- Government agencies responsible for road design, maintenance, and repair
- Employers of negligent parties
Our experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys will aggressively pursue monetary compensation from everyone who shares fault for your injuries and suffering.
What’s My Las Vegas Motorcycle Injury Case Worth?
There is no standard value for a motorcycle accident case.
Instead, what your case is worth will depend on several different factors, including:
- The types of injuries you’ve suffered
- Whether you’re able to return to work
- How old you were when you got hurt
- How you’ve been affected psychologically by the trauma of crashing your motorcycle
- Your current and future out-of-pocket costs
- The steps you took to mitigate your injuries
The more catastrophic your injuries, the more your case will typically be worth. However, every situation is different. Even seemingly minor trauma can end up costing you a lot down the line.
So, it is crucial to speak directly with our experienced personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas about your specific situation. Contact our law firm to arrange a time for a free initial case evaluation now.
We’ll Help You Seek Compensation For All of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Wearing a motorcycle helmet is required in Nevada and can help prevent riders from suffering traumatic brain injuries or dying if they happen to be in a crash.
However, a helmet only offers limited protection. Riders can still suffer severe and catastrophic injuries when they are involved in a motor vehicle accident.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we represent motorcycle riders who have suffered all types of injuries, including:
- Burns and road rash
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Trauma to the hands and arms
- Degloving injury
- Joint injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Hearing or vision loss
- Trauma to the eyes, nose, or face
- Dental injury
It’s essential to seek medical care as soon as possible after a motorcycle crash in Las Vegas, NV. Once your condition is stable, make sure you reach out to an experienced attorney for legal representation.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Injured Motorcyclists in Las Vegas?
This can include money for:
- Present and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Rehabilitation and nursing care
- Depression and anxiety
If there is clear and convincing evidence that the defendant’s actions were malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent, punitive damages might also be applicable. These are, however, typically reserved for the most severe situations, like those involving a drunk driver or someone who flees the scene of a fatal accident.
Am I Still Entitled to Compensation If I’m Partly to Blame For My Las Vegas Motorcycle Crash?
Under Nevada law, anyone who contributes to a motorcycle accident can share responsibility for the resulting damages. This includes victims. Sharing responsibility will not automatically prohibit a financial recovery. As long as your share of the blame is less than 51%, you can recover some compensation from other parties.
Your financial award will be reduced based on your share of the blame. If you were assigned 10% fault for your motorcycle collision, your financial settlement or award will be reduced by 10% to reflect that.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Lawsuit After a Nevada Motorcycle Accident?
There are some situations when a different time frame might apply. This could be the case when a motorcycle accident victim is a child.
One thing is certain: you have a limited time to file, and you lose your right to do so if you miss the deadline that applies to your motorcycle accident claim.
You can protect your rights by contacting an experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorney for assistance immediately after your motorcycle wreck.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Did you get hurt in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas because someone else was negligent? Don’t let them off the hook without taking responsibility for the trauma you’ve suffered. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers and discover how our Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyers can help you fight for a maximum financial recovery.
We offer a free consultation and are always available to take your call. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us to arrange a time for yours today.
Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Client Review
Read more of our client reviews here.
Additional Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Helmet Laws in Nevada
- Motorcycle Licensing Requirements in Nevada
- I’ve Been Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident in Las Vegas – Do I Need a Lawyer?
Highly Rated Chiropractors in Las Vegas, NV
- Sportif Chiropractic
10595 Discovery Dr #3,
Las Vegas, NV 89135, United States
- Galla Chiropractic Group
9330 W Flamingo Rd #112a,
Las Vegas, NV 89147, United States
- Apache Health Center
3555 S Fort Apache Rd #151,
Las Vegas, NV 89147, United States
- NuSpine Chiropractic
9435 W Tropicana Ave Ste 107,
Las Vegas, NV 89147, United States
- Anchor Chiropractic
5135 S Fort Apache Rd #140,
Las Vegas, NV 89148, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Government Resources for Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas, NV
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) – Motorcycle Safety
- DMV – Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles Official Website
- Highways DOT (Nevada Department of Transportation) – Federal Highway Administration
- Nevada Legislature – The People’s Branch of Government
- Nevada OTS – Nevada State Police Office of Traffic Safety
- NHTSA – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Infographic
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV