If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, NV, it is understandable that you feel overwhelmed and confused. You might not know what actions to take. When you have questions about your legal rights and options following a motorcycle accident, it is essential you speak with an experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
If you were injured in a Las Vegas motorcycle accident, Battle Born Injury Lawyers is here to help you. Contact our firm today by calling (702) 570-9000. We provide a free, no-strings-attached consultation.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Motorcycle Accident Case in Las Vegas
Battle Born Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered more than $100 million since opening our doors in 2010. We consistently deliver exceptional results. Our impressive results and attention to strong client advocacy have resulted in our firm being recognized by top publications and organizations, including Super Lawyers, the American Society of Legal Advocates, and the Nevada Business Journal.
When you hire our Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys to represent you, we will handle all aspects of your claim, including:
- Launching an in-depth investigation into what caused the accident and who is at fault for it
- Gathering persuasive evidence to establish fault
- Determining how the accident has affected you, your health, and your livelihood
- Handling communications and claim filings with the insurance company
- Negotiating aggressively with the insurance company for the full compensation you deserve
Contact us today in Las Vegas, Nevada, for a free initial case review. We can discuss your legal rights and options going forward.
Dangers of Motorcycle Accidents
Any type of motor vehicle accident can be dangerous, but those involving motorcycles can be particularly hazardous. Motorcycles lack the steel frame that other motor vehicles provide. They also do not have seat belts or airbags that protect them in case of trash. This means that many motorcycles result in serious injuries to those on the bike. Additionally, motorcyclists are more likely to be involved in a wreck.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in a motor vehicle accident than occupants of passenger vehicles.
If a bike slams into a pedestrian, this can also result in serious accidents because pedestrians have no protection from these metal machines. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, an experienced lawyer from Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Vegas
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Lane splitting
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Sudden stops
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless lane changes
In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, it can be confusing to determine how the accident occurred. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas can help get to the bottom of the accident.
Evidence To Help Establish Liability in a Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident
Nevada is an at-fault state for car accidents. To recover compensation for the injuries you suffered, you must show the other person’s negligence is to blame for the head-on crash. Depending on the circumstances, evidence that may help you build your claim may include:
- Accident report
- Medical records
- Pictures or videos of the accident scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance footage of the moments leading up to the accident
- Accident reconstruction experts
A lawyer may be able to identify and collect valuable evidence in your case.
Potential Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case in Las Vegas, NV
Motorcycle accidents typically involve two broad classes of damages:
Economic damages are those damages that can be traced to a financial source. Bills, invoices, and receipts can help establish how much certain damages affected you financially. Economic damages may include:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, surgical expenses, ambulance expenses, rehabilitation, follow-up care, and prescription medication
- Property damage to repair or replace your damaged personal property
- Lost wages
- Transportation to and from medical expenses
These expenses may cover those losses you’ve already incurred and those you anticipate incurring in the future.
Additionally, you could recover compensation for other losses you incurred that cannot be so easily quantified (non-economic damages), such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Depression and anxiety
- Disability or permanent disfigurement
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
An experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer from Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help estimate the cost of all your damages and demand maximum compensation for them.
What To Do If You Are Involved in a Motorcycle Accident in Las Vegas
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, there are steps you can take to protect your health and your legal claim, including:
- Immediately check for injuries to you and others involved in the accident
- Do not try to move if you are injured
- Report the accident and request an ambulance if there are injuries
- Document the scene if you are able, or ask someone else to do it for you
- Exchange information with the other driver or rider
- Get contact details from any witnesses
- Receive prompt medical attention and follow all your doctor’s orders
- Keep your statements to a minimum and do not apologize or accept blame for the crash
Finally, contact a knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyer for help with your claim.
Contact Our Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Law Firm for Legal Advice
If you were injured or tragically lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, the dedicated Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyers from Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you pursue financial recovery.