Did you recently experience an accident with a rideshare service in Las Vegas, NV? Cases involving Uber and Lyft can be especially complicated. An experienced Las Vegas Uber accident lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
We’ve worked hard to protect the rights of accident victims since we opened our practice back in 2010. We’ve succeeded and won over $100 million in compensation for our injured clients.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Uber Accident in Las Vegas
Countless people rely on Uber and Lyft to get around Las Vegas on a daily basis. You expect to reach your destination safely and without incident. When you end up injured in an accident, you deserve to be compensated.
Proving liability in an Uber accident case can be challenging. Our experienced Las Vegas car accident attorneys at Battle Born Injury Lawyers are up to that challenge. We maintain a perfect-10 Avvo rating and have been recognized by Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. We’ve also won the Avvo Client Choice Award for our outstanding legal representation.
Hiring our law firm means you’ll have an entire team to:
- Investigate your accident
- Establish causation and identify all responsible parties
- Identify the insurance coverage that’s available in your case
- Work with experts to bolster your claim
- Calculate the fair value of your injuries and accident claim
- File a claim with the insurance company
- Negotiate with the other side to maximize your compensation
Uber claims often involve multiple insurance policies. Each party will try to blame someone else for the accident. Our Las Vegas Uber accident lawyers can help you cut through the red tape, so call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Uber Accidents in Las Vegas?
It’s not easy to find data on Uber accidents. Uber drivers in Las Vegas use their own personal vehicles–so accident cases tend to be reported like any other car accident.
According to Uber’s own safety report, Uber drivers have an accident rate that’s half the national average. Uber reported 49 traffic fatalities in 2017 and 58 deaths in 2018. However, Uber only reported fatalities that happened while a passenger was in the rideshare vehicle.
A recent study found that traffic fatalities have increased by between 2% and 4% since Uber and Lyft were introduced in major U.S. cities.
What Is My Las Vegas Uber Accident Case Worth?
Some important factors in evaluating your case’s worth include:
- The nature of your injuries
- Whether you’re expected to recover fully or suffer a long-term impairment
- Whether the injury prevents you from working
- Amount of medical expenses
- Your pain, suffering, and lost quality of life
- Whether you contributed to the accident
On a practical level, the amount of insurance coverage that’s available will often limit your case value. That’s especially true if your injuries were severe.
Rideshare accident cases are unique in this respect. If the Uber driver was responsible for the accident, the rideshare company itself isn’t liable for damages. The driver’s insurance company can also avoid liability because the driver’s personal insurance policy doesn’t cover the driver’s commercial driving activities.
Fortunately, state laws now require Uber to purchase a commercial insurance policy to protect injured victims in an accident. Those coverage limits can play a significant role in determining your case value.
Available coverage depends on the status of the Uber driver at the time of the accident, as follows:
Uber App is Open, Driver is Available to Accept Passengers
If the app is open and the driver can accept a ride request, the following coverage is available:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per passenger
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
Uber’s insurance is available once you’ve exhausted all other insurance coverage options.
Uber Driver Has Accepted a Ride Request
Once the Uber driver accepts a passenger request, a $1 million insurance policy kicks in. The $1 million policy applies starting the instant the driver accepts the ride request, while the driver is en route to pick up a passenger, and until the ride ends in the Uber app. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is also available.
Uber App Is Closed
If the Uber app isn’t open, the case is treated like any other motor vehicle accident. So, the rideshare driver’s own personal insurance will be available to cover damages.
It can be difficult to understand which insurance policy applies if you’re injured in an Uber accident. Our lawyers can help. Just call Battle Born Injury Lawyers to schedule a free case review with an experienced Las Vegas Uber accidents attorney.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Uber Accident Victims?
While every case is different, some examples of the types of damages you could receive are:
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Nursing care
- Past and future medical expenses
- Damage to your vehicle and other property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
Additional damages for wrongful death may also be available if you lost a loved one in a fatal Uber accident.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in Nevada?
Under Nevada state law, anyone who contributes to the accident can be held liable. That includes injured victims.
Nevada has modified comparative negligence laws with a 51% bar to recovery. If you’re injured, you can recover damages if you’re less than 51% responsible. If you’re at least 51% liable, you’re barred from seeking compensation.
However, if you’re only partly responsible, your settlement or verdict can also be reduced proportionately to your percentage of fault.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Uber Accident Injuries
Like any other auto accident, Uber and Lyft accidents often cause serious injuries.
Our attorneys often represent clients who have suffered:
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Crush injuries
- Back injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
- Spinal cord injuries
Regardless of how minor or severe your injuries are, our lawyers are here to help in any way we can. Just call our personal injury law firm to schedule a free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Drivers don’t receive any specific training to drive for Uber. Uber and Lyft drivers can cause an accident just like anyone else. That said, Uber drivers are more likely to be distracted by cell phones and GPS.
Some common causes of Uber accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Looking for a passenger instead of paying attention to the road
- Stopping in unsafe locations to drop off or pick up passengers
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Failure to maintain the Uber vehicle
Our car accident attorneys will carefully investigate to identify the cause of your accident. With that information, we’ll be ready to fight to hold the negligent parties accountable.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Uber Accident in Nevada?
Like any other accident claim, you must prove that someone else was at fault for your injuries. That usually means proving negligence.
To prove negligence, you’ll have to establish:
- The at-fault party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The breach caused the accident
- You suffered damages or injuries
There are many ways to establish liability. Our lawyers will review police reports, interview witnesses, and even obtain data from the driver’s Uber app. We have the experience and resources to conduct a thorough investigation and identify everyone who was responsible.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Nevada?
After an Uber accident, you have only two years to take legal action. Once the two-year statute of limitations is up, you lose your right to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. That makes it especially important to seek legal advice quickly after a crash.
Contact a Las Vegas Uber Accidents Lawyer for a Free Consultation
You may be entitled to compensation regardless of whether you were injured as an Uber passenger, in another vehicle or simply walking down the street. If you have questions about your legal rights, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with one of our Las Vegas Uber accidents lawyers today.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV