Did you recently get hurt on someone else’s property in Las Vegas, Nevada? Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers for help. Whether you slipped and fell in a casino or fell downstairs at a hotel resort, you may be entitled to compensation from the owner. Our award-winning Las Vegas premises liability lawyers will help you fight for the financial accountability you need and deserve.
We have been dedicated advocates for injury victims in Las Vegas and across Southern Nevada since 2010. Through hard work and dedication, we have helped our client recover more than 100 million in life-changing financial awards.
Benefit from 85+ years of combined experience and a team passionate about getting you the results you deserve. Call our Las Vegas, NV law office to arrange a free consultation to learn more now at (702) 570-9000.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help If You Get Hurt on Someone Else’s Property in Las Vegas, NV
Getting hurt when you’re out on somebody else’s property can come as a surprise. The resulting trauma can change the course of your life forever. If your accident could’ve been avoided, the negligent property owner must be held accountable.
But getting the money you deserve can be a challenge, especially when you’re going up against powerful casinos, big businesses, and tough insurance companies. You will need help if you want to win your case and maximize your recovery. That’s where our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys can help.
For more than a decade, we’ve gone toe-to-toe with the most powerful adversaries in Las Vegas and won, time and time again. We know how much is riding on your personal injury case, and we will work tirelessly to get you the results you deserve.
Take this time to recover from your catastrophic injuries.
While you do that, our top-rated personal injury attorneys will:
- Investigate your accident to identify what caused you to get hurt, whether it could’ve been avoided, and if the property owner likely knew about the hazard
- Gather essential evidence before it has an opportunity to get lost or forgotten
- Consult with leading accident and injury specialists in the greater Las Vegas area
- Prepare to defend against allegations that you share responsibility for your premises liability accident
- Negotiate with property owners and insurance companies on your behalf
- Bring your premises liability case to a jury in Clark County if other parties refuse to negotiate fairly
Get in touch with us by phone or connect with us online to arrange a time for a free consultation. We’d love to hear your story, review the facts and evidence of your case, and offer some preliminary advice about your legal rights and options.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to a property owner’s legal responsibility to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition. This can involve inspecting the premises regularly for dangerous conditions, performing regular maintenance, and fixing hazards whenever they are discovered.
A property owner’s failure to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition can be considered negligence.
Some examples of hazards or conditions that might result in property owner liability include:
- Slippery floors or surfaces
- Loose carpeting
- Broken staircases
- Broken or missing railings
- The buildup of debris or garbage
- Inadequate lighting
- Lack of security
- An attractive nuisance is like swimming pools or heavy machinery
- Security guard abuse
- Falling merchandise
If you get hurt because of a property owner’s negligence, they may be financially responsible for the injuries you suffer.
We Handle All Types of Premises Liability Cases in Las Vegas
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we represent clients in premises liability cases involving:
- Casino accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Falls from heights
- Staircase accidents
- Waterpark accidents
- Hospital accidents
- Accidents at bars, restaurants, and nightclubs
- Negligent security
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
- Grocery store accidents
- Shopping mall accidents
No matter where you were hurt or what type of injuries you suffered, Battle Born Injury Lawyers is here to help. If your injuries result from an unavoidable dangerous condition, we’ll work tirelessly to hold the negligent property owner accountable.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Premises Liability Case?
Like most other personal injury cases, premises liability claims are based on negligence. You’ll have to prove that the property owner was negligent in the maintenance and care of their premises.
Specifically, you’ll have to establish:
- The defendant owned or was responsible for operating the premises where you got hurt
- The defendant knew or should have known about a dangerous condition or hazard
- The defendant, with knowledge of the hazard, failed to take the necessary steps to correct it or warn about the condition
- The dangerous condition caused you to get hurt
- You’ve suffered damages as a result.
After your accident, be sure to document the scene and report it. You’ll want proof that the accident happened and that the hazardous condition existed. Property owners may attempt to fix the problem before you have the opportunity to file a claim. By taking these simple steps, you can safeguard your right to an injury claim.
What Damages Are Available in Nevada Premises Liability Cases?
This can include money for:
- Hospitalization medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Nursing care and assistance
If a property owner’s conduct can be classified as malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent, then punitive damages may also be available. However, this is typically only the case in instances where a property owner displays a repeated pattern of ignoring dangerous conditions or where they intentionally cause a visitor to get hurt.
Can I Get Money If the Property Owner Is Blaming Me For the Accident?
Let’s say you fall at a casino in Las Vegas, and the casino tries to say that it’s your own fault you got hurt. This could do some damage to your premises liability claim. That’s because Nevada has a modified comparative negligence law with a 50% bar to recovery.
Under the law, you can share less than half of the blame for your accident and still recover compensation. Once your liability equals or exceeds half, however, you lose the right to financial recovery.
Sharing some of the blame will also result in a reduced recovery. Your damages will be limited by your degree of fault. If you’re assigned 15% of the blame for your casino accident, you will only be able to recover 85% of your total damages.
You’ll need to fight back against allegations that you share responsibility. Our attorneys will be prepared to do just that. We will demand proof of these claims and have evidence to counter them. The less fault you share, the more money you can get.
Injuries Sustained on Someone Else’s Property Can Be Severe, Catastrophic
Depending on the type of accident you are in, The resulting injuries can change your life forever.
Battle Born Injury Lawyers will fight to hold negligent property owners accountable for your:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Joint injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Trauma to the eyes, nose, and face
- Dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injury
- Crushing injury
- Burn injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
Do not hesitate to reach out to our law office serving Las Vegas and southern Nevada if you have recently been injured on someone else’s property. We can begin to pursue compensation on your behalf as soon as you ask for our help.
How Long Do I Have to File a Nevada Premises Liability Claim?
Most premises liability claims in Las Vegas are subject to Nevada’s two-year statute of limitations.
However, once the deadline that applies to your case passes, you will give up the right to file a claim. Two years can go by in the blink of an eye, so it is important to take action as soon as you can after you get hurt.
Arrange a Free Consultation With an Experienced Las Vegas Premises Liability Lawyer
Reach out to the experienced legal team at Battle Born Injury Lawyers if you or a loved one has been hurt on another person’s property in Las Vegas, Nevada.
You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award, and our Las Vegas premises liability lawyers will work to hold the negligent property owner fully accountable for your suffering.
We offer a free initial case evaluation, so don’t hesitate to call us or connect with our law firm online to schedule yours today.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV