Were you or your loved one injured by someone else’s negligence in Henderson, Nevada? You may be able to hold the at-fault party responsible for your lost wages, medical bills, and suffering. Unfortunately, it’s usually an uphill battle to get the compensation you need after an accident.
The Henderson personal injury lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers know how to stand up to insurance companies and other opposing parties to get the maximum compensation possible for our clients. Our team has over 85 years of combined experience in personal injury law, and we’ve acquired over $100 million for injured victims and their families throughout Nevada.
How Can Battle Born Injury Lawyers Help You After an Accident in Henderson, NV?
Whether you’ve been in a car accident or slipped and fell in a local grocery store, our attorneys are here to help you recover compensation for your damages. We understand that an injury can result in significant medical bills, lost time from work, and emotional distress.
Since we opened our doors in 2010, our legal team has dedicated our practice to helping victims seek economic justice after debilitating accidents. We’re prepared to take on your legal battle while you focus on your recovery.
If you retain our legal services for your Henderson personal injury claim, you can expect us to:
- Launch an investigation into the cause of your accident and identify any party who may share liability
- Acquire evidence proving every element of your case, including medical records, eyewitness statements, police reports, and more
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters and others on your behalf and ensure they don’t take advantage of you by undervaluing your claim
- Handle your insurance claims from start to finish while keeping you updated and informed every step of the way
- File a lawsuit on your behalf in Clark County if the defendant fails to offer a fair settlement
We’ll fiercely negotiate on your behalf, but our trial attorneys will be ready to take your case to court if necessary. Contact our law office today to discuss your case with an experienced Henderson personal injury attorney.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in Henderson, Nevada
A personal injury can result from many types of incidents or accidents. You could be struck by a vehicle while crossing the street or burned by a defective household appliance.
We’ve helped victims who have sustained injuries in various accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Accidents caused by defective products (product liability)
- Dog bites
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Boating accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability incidents, including negligent security
- And more
Contact our personal injury lawyers in Henderson, NV to discuss our practice areas and your accident, and to learn more about your legal options.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Accident Injuries
Our attorneys at Battle Born Injury Lawyers have helped accident victims who have sustained all types of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), such as concussions
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Facial and eye injuries
- Hearing loss
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries, such as paralysis
- And more
Contact us today to discuss the injuries you’ve endured and what caused them so that we can start building a solid case for damages.
How Much Is My Henderson Personal Injury Case Worth?
It’s difficult to give an exact dollar figure without knowing the injuries you’ve sustained, the type of accident you were involved in, and the parties involved. All Henderson personal injury cases are unique and must be examined based on their facts and circumstances.
However, the answers to the following questions may shed light on the amount of compensation you can receive:
- How severe are your injuries, and do they impact your ability to earn a living?
- What medical costs, out-of-pocket expenses, and lost wages have you incurred?
- Do your injuries prevent you from participating in the activities you once enjoyed?
- Did you experience pain and suffering due to your injuries?
- Are you facing a permanent physical disability or impairment?
- Do you share fault for causing the accident that led to your injuries?
Other factors may affect the value of your claim, depending on the circumstances. During your free initial consultation, we’ll discuss what happened and develop a strategy to calculate the full extent of your losses.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Henderson, NV?
Accident victims in Henderson can seek every loss they incurred due to the accident or their injuries. This may include economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the monetary costs associated with your personal injury, such as:
- Past medical expenses, including emergency room bills, doctor’s visits, and treatment
- Future medical costs, including rehabilitative care and physical therapy
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket costs, such as the value of in-home nursing care or household services
Non-economic damages are the intangible and hard-to-value losses sustained due to an accident, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Lost enjoyment or quality of life
- Physical impairment
In cases where the defendant acted with malicious intent, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are non-compensatory damages intended to punish people for their misconduct and deter others from engaging in similar acts in the future.
What If I’m Blamed for My Accident in Henderson?
The State of Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence rule with a 51% bar to recovery. That means you can still recover compensation for your damages as long as you aren’t more than 50% at fault for the accident. Once your responsibility for the accident reaches 51%, you’re barred from recovering compensation.
If you’re 50% or less at fault, your awarded compensation will be reduced proportionately based on your level of blame. For example, if you’re assigned 40% fault for an accident, you can only take home 60% of your awarded damages. If you’re allocated 51% of the blame, you get nothing.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Nevada?
Personal injury victims in Henderson have limited time to take legal action. Nevada’s statute of limitations typically gives you two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party for your damages. If you lost a loved one, you have two years from their date of death to file a wrongful death claim.
There may be exceptions to the two-year statutory deadline, such as if medical malpractice, a child, or the government is involved. That’s why it’s essential to speak with an experienced lawyer in Henderson as soon as possible after your injury. You want to ensure that you meet the applicable deadline. Otherwise, you lose your right to compensation from the responsible party.
What Is Negligence, and How Do I Prove It in My Henderson Personal Injury Case?
Most accidents in Henderson result from a party’s negligence, which is the failure to exercise reasonable caution, causing harm to another.
- Duty of care: People owe others a duty to act reasonably and cautiously to avoid causing harm.
- Breach of duty: If someone acts unreasonably under the circumstances compared to a reasonable person, they’ve likely breached their duty of care.
- Causation: The breach of duty must have directly and proximately caused the victim harm.
- Damages: The victim must have suffered injuries (damages).
To prove these elements, you must gather evidence. That may include medical records, pay stubs, photos and videos of the accident scene, accident reports, witness statements, and more.
Our personal injury attorneys in Henderson will work to prove your case by investigating the accident, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and more.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Clark County?
Most personal injury lawyers in Henderson and Clark County, NV work on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, you owe no upfront attorney’s fees.
If your attorney secures a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf, they’ll deduct their fees (typically between 33-40%), court costs, and any other expense from your awarded compensation. You don’t owe any attorney’s fees if they lose your case.
A contingency fee agreement allows you to retain an experienced Clark County personal injury lawyer without worrying about how you’ll pay them. It also gives your attorney an incentive to get the maximum compensation in your case.
When we meet during your free case evaluation, we’ll review our contingency fee agreement with you and explain the costs involved.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Henderson Personal Injury Lawyers
If you’ve been hurt by another party’s actions in Henderson, NV, you need exceptional legal representation to hold the at-fault party responsible for your damages. You may be entitled to future medical costs, non-economic damages, and more – and the insurance company or opposing party won’t be quick to give you the amount you deserve.
The Henderson personal injury lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers will fight to obtain the maximum amount possible for your injuries and suffering. Let us put our combined 85+ years of experience to work for you while you focus on recovering.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation and see what we can do to help you get back on your feet.