Have you or a loved one sustained injuries in a truck accident in Las Vegas, NV? An experienced Las Vegas truck accident lawyer can help you seek fair compensation from the responsible party. Contact us online or call Battle Born Injury Lawyers at (702) 570-9000 to learn more about your right to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 85 years of experience fighting for accident victims. We’ve successfully recovered over $100 million to help injured clients like you get back on their feet again.
Don’t let the insurance company undervalue your injury claim. Call our law offices in Las Vegas, Nevada to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer who can help.
Table of Contents
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident in Las Vegas
A truck accident has the potential to turn your life upside down. Medical bills will add up quickly–and you might be left with a permanent disability or life-changing injury.
To make things worse, negligent parties and their insurance companies won’t want to pay for the damage they’ve caused.
Our experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorneys can help.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we’ve been protecting accident victims since we opened our doors in 2010. We’ve been recognized with many awards over the years, including the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award. We’ve also made Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars list and earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating for our high-quality legal representation.
Trusting our team to protect you means you’ll have someone to:
- Coordinate an investigation into the accident
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Identify all responsible parties
- Work closely with top-rated experts and specialists
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Handle all negotiations and communications with the insurance companies
Multiple parties can be liable for a commercial truck accident. That can make things even more complicated. While you recover, you can trust our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys to handle every aspect of your case. Just contact us today to get started.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Las Vegas?
Semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other large commercial trucks play a vital role in the U.S. economy. Still, when a large truck is involved in an accident, the results tend to be more serious, even if the crash isn’t a head-on collision. After all, trucks are large, heavy, and often carry dangerous cargo.
In 2019 alone, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported that 5,237 large trucks were involved in fatal motor vehicle accidents. Another 119,000 truck accidents were serious enough to cause injuries.
In the state of Nevada, 266 people were killed in trucking accidents over a 10-year period. According to FMCSA research, most of the people who are killed in large truck accidents are occupants of smaller vehicles.
What is My Las Vegas Truck Accident Case Worth?
There’s no way to estimate the value of your personal injury claim without first analyzing the facts of your case. Simply put, there’s no average case value. Each personal injury case is different.
Still, certain factors will be relevant in calculating how much your accident case is worth, including:
- The extent and severity of the injuries
- The impact of the injury on your work and future work capabilities
- Whether the injury impacts your lifestyle or limits future activities
- The cost of your medical treatment and expenses
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The available insurance coverage
You don’t have to let the insurance companies control the negotiations over what your truck accident case is worth. They’ll do everything possible to drive down the value of your case to avoid paying the fair compensation you deserve. You can force the insurance company to take your case seriously by hiring an experienced Las Vegas truck accident attorney to protect you.
Our lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers are ready to fight for you. Just call our personal injury law firm today to schedule a free case review to get started.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Truck Accident Victims?
Economic damages include all costs and expenses associated with your accident, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Property damage to your vehicle
Non-economic damages are your losses that don’t have a set monetary value, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages may be available if you can prove that the truck driver or trucking company acted intentionally or with gross negligence. These damages are awarded solely to punish the responsible party for their conduct.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Truck Accident in Nevada?
Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence law with a 51% bar to recovery. That means you can recover damages if you’re less than 51% responsible for the accident.
If you’re assigned at least 51% of the blame, you lose your right to sue for damages.
What Are Common Injuries from Commercial Truck Accidents?
The most common serious, life-altering injuries after a truck accident include:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Chest injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Degloving injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
Our wrongful death attorneys are also here to fight to recover fair compensation for the families of fatal truck accident victims.
If you were injured or lost a loved one, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice today. All you have to do is call for a free case review.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Most semi-truck accidents are caused by driver error. Truck drivers spend long hours behind the wheel. Many drivers are exhausted and under extreme pressure to meet delivery deadlines.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Violation of FMCSA hours-of-service rules
- Other violations of state and federal trucking regulations
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Speeding and overtaking smaller vehicles
- Failure to maintain the truck
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous lane changes
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Mechanical failures
- Failure to properly load the truck’s cargo
- Faulty brakes or worn tires
Some truck accidents happen because the driver isn’t qualified to operate the vehicle. Often, negligent hiring practices at trucking companies can play a role in causing accidents. While truck drivers are required to have a commercial driver’s license, not all companies enforce the rules.
Are you wondering what caused your truck wreck? Our lawyers are experienced in investigating cases involving big rigs, 18-wheelers, and other large commercial vehicles. Give us a call today to learn more about our practice areas.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Truck Accident in Nevada?
Most trucking accident victims recover compensation based on negligence.
Negligence means that the at-fault party failed to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances.
To prove negligence, you must establish:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The defendant’s breach of duty was the direct cause of the accident
- The damages you sustained because of the accident
There are many different ways to prove these elements. Our lawyers will conduct an investigation to gather any available evidence.
Examples of the types of evidence we’ll look for include:
- The truck’s black box recording device
- The truck driver’s hours-of-service log
- The trucking company’s maintenance and inspection logs
- Evidence about past safety violations
- Evidence about the truck company’s hiring practices
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Video surveillance footage
- Medical records
- Police reports
Evidence tends to be strongest immediately after an accident. You can expect the truck company to send a team to investigate right away. You deserve a lawyer who will do the same for you while you seek medical attention. We’re ready to get started, so call our legal team to schedule a free initial consultation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Nevada?
The statute of limitations is a deadline that limits the amount of time you have to take legal action.
In Nevada, most injured victims have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once the two-year deadline passes, you lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. It’s important to act fast to preserve your right to seek damages.
Call Battle Born Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation with a Las Vegas truck accident lawyer who will fight for you.
Las Vegas Truck Crash Lawyer Client Review
Read more of our client reviews here.
Additional Las Vegas Truck Accident Resources
- Can Trucks Drive in the Left Lane in Las Vegas, NV?
- Tractor Trailer Tire Blowouts
- Truck Driver Drug and Alcohol Use in Las Vegas
Highly Rated Physical Therapists in Las Vegas, NV
- Physical Therapy Las Vegas
3700 S Hualapai Way #109,
Las Vegas, NV 89147
- Dignity Health Physical Therapy
9880 W Flamingo Rd Suite 260,
Las Vegas, NV 89147
- IHW Center
4215 S Grand Canyon Dr #101,
Las Vegas, NV 89147
- ATI Physical Therapy
10000 W Sahara Ave Ste 105,
Las Vegas, NV 89117
- Dynamic Spine & Sport Rehabilitation
8951 W Sahara Ave Ste. 190,
Las Vegas, NV 89117
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Government Resources for Truck Accidents in Las Vegas, NV
- Low-Speed Collision Between Truck-Tractor and Autonomous
Shuttle, Las Vegas, Nevada – NTSB
- CrashStats – NHTSA – DOT
- FMCSA – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Nevada DOT – Nevada Department of Transportation
- Nevada Legislature – The People’s Branch of Government
- Nevada OTS – Nevada State Police Office of Traffic Safety
- NHTSA – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- NTSB – National Transportation Safety Board
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Las Vegas Truck Accidents Infographic
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV