Did you or a loved one sustain injuries in an accident involving a commercial vehicle in Las Vegas, NV? You may be entitled to money for medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced Las Vegas commercial vehicle accident lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Between us, our lawyers have over 85 years of experience handling personal injury law cases. That experience has helped us recover over $100 million in compensation for our injured clients–and counting.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Las Vegas
A serious injury can change your life in unexpected ways. If you were hurt, you deserve to be represented by the most experienced lawyer possible.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience helping accident victims in Nevada. Our Las Vegas truck accident lawyers have been recognized by Super Lawyers and the Nevada Business Journal Legal Elite. We’ve also earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating and won the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for our exceptional legal representation.
When you trust us to protect your legal rights, you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Provide comprehensive legal advice and guidance
- Independently investigate to determine the cause of your accident
- Find out who was legally liable for your damages
- Calculate your case value
- Hire experts to help with valuation and establish causation
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for the maximum compensation you deserve
Our Las Vegas truck accident attorneys are known for their aggressive approach. We don’t back down from a fight–so we’re well-qualified to help you maximize your settlement or verdict. To learn more about an attorney-client relationship, all you have to do is call for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Las Vegas?
Across the United States, about 107,000 large trucks were involved in motor vehicle accidents that caused injuries in 2020. A total of 4,965 people were killed in trucking accidents that year.
In Nevada alone, 266 people were killed in accidents involving large commercial trucks over a ten-year period.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of commercial vehicle accidents here in Las Vegas, including those involving:
- FedEx trucks
- UPS trucks
- Amazon delivery vans
- Tour buses
- Garbage trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Dump trucks
- Delivery vans
- Moving trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Utility trucks
- Tow trucks
If you were injured, don’t hesitate to reach out to our law offices to schedule a free case review today.
What Is My Las Vegas Commercial Vehicle Accident Case Worth?
Most accident victims want to get a sense of how much their personal injury case is worth before starting a legal battle.
The answer depends on many different factors, including:
- The nature and severity of your injury
- The cost and duration of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll miss time at work because of the injury
- Whether you’ll need future medical care or rehabilitation
- How the injury impacts your future work, education, and lifestyle
- Your emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Whether you were partly responsible for the accident
- Available insurance coverage
Owners of commercial vehicles are required to carry commercial insurance to protect victims in an accident. Those policies tend to have higher coverage limits. That means the insurance company will work hard to minimize the extent of your injuries.
Fortunately, you don’t have to accept the insurance company’s estimates at face value. Instead, contact an experienced lawyer who can help assess the fair value of your personal injury claim.
What Types of Damages Are Available To Commercial Vehicle Accident Victims?
There are two primary types of damages available to commercial vehicle accident victims: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Your economic damages are your financial expenses, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages during recovery
- Disability, or lost future earning capacity
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages compensate accident victims for their emotional and psychological losses.
Common examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Our Las Vegas truck accident lawyers can help you understand the types of damages you may receive in a free initial consultation. To schedule yours, call our law firm in Nevada today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Nevada?
Like all other states, Nevada limits the amount of compensation accident victims can recover if they share responsibility for an accident. However, it’s possible that you could lose your right to compensation entirely under Nevada’s modified comparative negligence law.
Nevada accident victims can recover partial compensation if they’re less than 51% “at fault” for an accident. In these cases, your settlement or verdict will be reduced by the percentage of fault allocated to you.
Once your percentage of fault reaches 51%, you’re unable to sue for damages even if someone else’s negligence also contributed to the accident.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Commercial Vehicle Accident Injuries
Commercial vehicle accident victims often suffer a wide range of injuries. Because commercial vehicles are larger and heavier, it’s typically occupants in passenger vehicles that suffer the brunt of the injuries.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we often represent victims who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If someone else caused your injuries, you’re entitled to seek compensation for all medical expenses associated with the injuries. That includes both past and future medical bills.
What Causes Most Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Some of the most common causes of commercial vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Failure to maintain the vehicle, which can result in worn tires, faulty brakes, and other mechanical failures
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to properly secure the vehicle’s cargo (falling cargo)
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Stopping in dangerous locations
- Unfamiliarity with the area and roads
- Inexperienced drivers
- Defects in the vehicle
- Dangerous cargo
Most commercial vehicle crashes happen because someone was negligent. Our lawyers can investigate to determine the cause of your accident. Just give us a call to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced Las Vegas commercial vehicle accident lawyer today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Nevada?
An accident victim must prove four basic elements to establish negligence under Nevada personal injury laws.
Those elements include:
Someone is negligent if they fail to exercise reasonable caution and someone is injured because of that breach of duty.
That evidence might include:
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Video surveillance footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Documents from the vehicle’s black box recording device, if available
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance records
- Information about the company’s past safety record
- Information about the driver’s qualifications and commercial driver’s license (CDL)
You’ll also have to provide evidence about who was legally responsible for your damages. That may or may not be the commercial vehicle driver.
Examples of potentially responsible parties include:
- The trucking company or a company that owned the commercial vehicle
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle or safety feature
- Mechanics and maintenance companies
- Companies responsible for the vehicle’s cargo
- Government agencies
- Third-party motorists, pedestrians, or bicyclists
Proving negligence in commercial vehicle accident cases can be particularly complex. Multiple parties often share the blame for an accident. While you recover from your injuries, our lawyers can launch an investigation to gather the proof you need.
It’s always a good idea to get started sooner rather than later. To learn more about our Las Vegas truck accident attorneys, call for a free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Nevada?
The statute of limitations in the State of Nevada is only two years. Counting from the date of the accident, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Wait any longer, and you simply forfeit your right to sue for damages.
Contact a Las Vegas Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Commercial vehicle accidents can cause significant damage. If you were injured because the driver was inexperienced or made a mistake, you deserve to be compensated. You can learn more about your legal rights by calling an experienced Las Vegas commercial vehicle accident lawyer. At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, your first consultation is always free, so don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice today.