Was your child injured at birth due to a doctor or healthcare provider’s mistake in Las Vegas, NV? A serious birth injury can haunt your child for a lifetime. If the injury happened because of medical negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. An experienced Las Vegas birth injury lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you hold the responsible party accountable.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 85 years of experience fighting for families like yours. We’ve succeeded in winning over $100 million in compensation for our injured clients.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Birth Injury Claim in Las Vegas
Birth injuries have the potential to be devastating. Because of a single medical error, your child could be left to suffer a lifetime of pain. Unfortunately, it can be incredibly difficult to recover compensation in a medical malpractice case. You deserve an experienced personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas who knows how to handle this type of fight.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we’ve been fighting for clients like you for decades. Over the years, we’ve been recognized for our success by Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, and the Nevada Business Journal Legal Elite. We’ve also earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating.
Hiring us as your legal representation means you’ll have a team who will:
- Gather the evidence to prove your case
- Handle all paperwork and court filings
- Hire medical experts and obtain the affidavits required under Nevada law
- Work with experts to calculate your case value
- Negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your compensation award
You don’t have to take on the insurance company alone. Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have committed our legal practice to helping clients like you. Call today to get the legal advice you deserve.
Overview of Birth Injuries
A birth injury is any type of injury that happens during childbirth. Some birth injuries occur before the baby is even born. Others can happen because of mistakes made during the labor and delivery process.
Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals have a duty to monitor the mother and fetus during pregnancy. They’re also required to carefully monitor the mother and baby throughout the labor and delivery process.
Some birth injuries and trauma can’t be prevented. However, if your child was hurt because of a medical error, our lawyers are here to fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
Types of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries can take many different forms. These injuries can range from minor to severe and life-changing.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients whose babies have suffered:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Facial paralysis
- Arm and hand injury
- Brain injury
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Caput Succedaneum
- Intracranial hemorrhages
- Subconjunctival hemorrhages
- Placental abruption, which has the potential to cut off the baby’s oxygen supply
- Uterine rupture
Unfortunately, many of these common injuries are preventable. They typically happen because someone was negligent. If your child was injured because of a doctor’s mistake, call our law firm for a free case evaluation today. You may be entitled to significant compensation.
What Are Some Common Signs and Symptoms of Birth Injuries?
The signs and symptoms of a birth injury will depend on the precise injury involved.
Some signs that can indicate your child has been harmed include:
- The need for resuscitation at birth
- Extremely pale or blue skin
- Bruising or swelling
- Low heart rate
- Rapid breathing
- Trouble breathing
- An unusually arched back when crying
- Very high-pitched crying
- Weak reflexes
- Unusual vomiting
Once your child gets older, it’s important to pay attention to any developmental delays or difficulties. These can indicate that your child suffered some type of birth trauma.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of Birth Injuries?
The long-term consequences of a birth injury can also vary depending on the type of injury.
Depending on the facts, your child may suffer:
- Cognitive disabilities
- Loss of motor function or limited mobility
- Brain damage
- Speech disorders
- Hearing or vision loss
- Seizure disorders
- Organ damage
- Developmental delays
- The need for special education and long-term care
It’s important to seek medical care as soon as you suspect your child was injured to prevent long-term damage.
What Causes Most Birth Injuries?
Certain risk factors can increase the chances that a birth injury will occur. Other injuries happen because someone simply made a mistake. Regardless of the circumstances, OBGYNs, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals have the technology and resources to prevent many injuries.
Some of the most common causes of birth injuries include:
- Failure to monitor the mother and baby
- Failure to order a C-Section when called for
- Improper use of forceps, vacuum devices, and other labor-assistance devices during delivery
- Inexperienced or unsupervised hospital staff members
- Failure to detect signs of fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose a high-risk pregnancy or identify important risk factors
- Communication failures between medical professionals
- Nursing negligence
- Medication errors
- Lack of oxygen
Medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex. You might not even know what caused your baby’s injury. Our Las Vegas birth injury attorneys have handled cases like yours before. We know how to find the evidence to prove that someone’s medical error caused your baby’s injury.
You don’t have to struggle alone. If your child was injured at birth, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers today for a free case review.
What is My Las Vegas Birth Injury Case Worth?
Birth injuries can cause overwhelming physical and emotional damage. The financial consequences of a serious birth injury can also be shocking. For example, the CDC has estimated that the average lifetime cost of treating a child with cerebral palsy is about $1 million.
It’s always important to understand how much your personal injury case is worth before accepting an insurance settlement. Calculating the fair value of your case is even more important in birth injury cases. That’s because many birth injuries can impact every aspect of your child’s life. Some injuries require ongoing care over a lifetime.
Our lawyers can help by assessing your case value.
While every personal injury claim is unique, we’ll look at all relevant factors, including:
- The nature of your baby’s injury
- Your current medical expenses
- The anticipated cost of future medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Reduced or lost earning potential over the course of your child’s lifetime
- Whether you will lose income while you care for your child
- Whether your child will require specialized education or long-term care
- Whether your child will enjoy a normal childhood
- Your family’s emotional suffering and your child’s physical pain
Before you can reach a fair settlement, you need all the facts. The insurance company will do whatever it can to downplay your losses. Our lawyers know the tricks insurers will use to convince you to accept less than you deserve.
To learn more about how we can help you fight for the maximum compensation you need, give us a quick call for a free initial consultation.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Child’s Birth Injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Our lawyers will help you fight to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Future education costs
- In-home assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of a healthy childhood
Unfortunately, some birth injuries are fatal. If your child was killed because of a doctor’s mistake, we can fight to help you recover damages for wrongful death.
How Long Do I Have to File a Birth Injury Lawsuit in Nevada?
In most accident cases, victims have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Medical malpractice cases are different. The statute of limitations under Nevada state law is three years in medical malpractice cases. So, you must file a lawsuit within three years of the date the injury happened.
However, a one-year “discovery rule” also applies. Under the discovery rule, you must take legal action within one year of the date you discovered the injury or reasonably should have discovered the injury.
The deadline in cases involving children can vary. That’s why it’s important to speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as you suspect something went wrong. At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we’re always available to help. Just give us a quick call to get started.
Contact a Las Vegas Birth Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The birth of a child should be a joyous occasion. If your baby was hurt during birth, our lawyers can help you fight for justice. Call Battle Born Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Las Vegas birth injury lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV