Have you been injured in a bus accident in Las Vegas, NV? You could be entitled to compensation for your medical treatment, loss of income, and distress. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Battle Born Injury Lawyers for help. Our Las Vegas bus accident lawyers are ready to help you fight to get maximum compensation from those responsible.
Since 2010, our award-winning litigators have been fierce advocates for crash victims and families across Southern Nevada. Putting more than 85 years of combined experience behind every case, we’ve helped our clients recover over $100 million in life-changing awards.
Don’t let well-deserved compensation slip away. Put yourself in the best position to win by calling our law office in Las Vegas, Nevada. We offer a free consultation and are ready to take your call now at (702) 570-9000.
Table of Contents
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bus Accident in Las Vegas, NV
These are issues you’ll have to consider if you file a personal injury lawsuit after getting into a bus accident in Las Vegas. You can’t expect insurance companies, the bus service, or other parties to help you get the compensation you may deserve. In fact, they’ll fight tooth and nail to keep you from getting anything at all.
To win your case and maximize your recovery, you’ll need to level the playing field. That’s where our personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas can help.
While you have the opportunity to focus on recovering from your catastrophic injuries, our top-rated litigators will:
- Conduct a thorough and independent investigation into your Las Vegas bus crash
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, including photographs, medical records, accident reports, maintenance records, driver logs, and more
- Bring in respected crash experts and specialists to help us understand the more nuanced or detailed aspects of your bus accident case
- Carefully assess your injuries and trauma to ensure that we accurately establish what your case is worth
- Handle negotiations with bus companies, government agencies, and insurance companies on your behalf
- Prepare to reject low offers and escalate your case to a jury in Clark County if you are not offered a fair deal
With Battle Born Injury Lawyers, there are no upfront costs or fees. We work on a contingency basis, so you only pay if we win your case – no exceptions, no excuses. Get in touch to learn more and arrange a time for your free initial case evaluation now.
We Handle All Bus Accident Cases in Las Vegas, Nevada
In a city like Las Vegas, sometimes it’s best not to drive. Public transportation, particularly buses, is a great way to get around.
However, not all bus trips are as expected. Accidents happen, and the results can be catastrophic. No matter what type of bus accident you’ve been in, our personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas will be there to help.
Our law firm represents crash victims who have been injured in accidents involving:
- Charter buses
- Private buses
- RTC buses
- Deuce buses
- Airport shuttle buses
- School buses
- Tour buses
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office in Las Vegas to discuss your legal rights and options after a crash. We’ll be there to listen to your side of the story and offer the guidance you need during this difficult time.
What Are the Top Causes of Bus Accidents in Las Vegas?
Bus accidents are, for the most part, entirely avoidable incidents. Drivers typically have to obtain a CDL and necessary passenger endorsements before they’re permitted to operate buses. Bus companies and services are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Nevada state law. Everyone on the road in Las Vegas assumes a responsibility to exercise reasonable care.
When a car accident involves a bus, negligence is usually the reason.
Some leading causes include:
- Driver distraction
- Drugs and alcohol
- Driver fatigue, especially when operating in violation of hours of service regulations
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Merging errors
- Road rage
- Improper passing
- Unsafe turns
- Inadequate fleet maintenance
- Negligent hiring
Vehicle defects, vehicle malfunctions, bad weather, limited visibility, and other factors – often outside of a motorist’s control – can also contribute to bus collisions in Vegas.
We’ll Help You Seek Compensation For All of Your Bus Accident Injuries
Whether you’re a passenger on the bus, in another vehicle, or a pedestrian on the Strip, the consequences of an accident involving a large bus can be catastrophic.
When an accident results from another’s negligence, you deserve to be fully compensated for every injury you suffer.
That’s why our Las Vegas bus accident attorneys will help you pursue damages for your:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Joint injury
- Chest injury
- Trauma to the eyes or face
- Dental injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one if a bus accident is fatal
Seek medical treatment as soon as you can after getting struck by a bus in Las Vegas. Prompt care can help to reduce the risk of complications and set you up for a successful claim for damages.
What Types of Damages Can I Get If I’ve Been Hurt in a Las Vegas Bus Crash?
Victims of bus accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada can typically seek both economic and non-economic awards.
Economic damages are intended to offset the monetary losses associated with a bus accident, including:
- Hospitalization and current medical bills
- Ongoing medical care and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Temporary and/or permanent disability
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
These hard-to-value damages can include money for things like:
- Loss of quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Mental anguish
- Chronic physical pain
Our award-winning trial attorneys will carefully assess your specific situation to ensure that we pursue all available compensation under Nevada state law.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Bus Accident Case in Nevada?
Like most motor vehicle accident cases, those involving buses are typically based on negligence. Negligence involves establishing that a defendant owed you a duty of care, breached it, caused you to get hurt, and that you suffered damages.
But unlike many other types of vehicles, buses are common carriers. Common carriers are vehicles or services that are hired to transport people from one place to another. These services are responsible for getting passengers to their destination safely. So, under Nevada state law, common carriers are subject to a heightened duty of care.
Buses – including bus drivers and bus services – must exercise “extraordinary care,” which involves “the exercise of the utmost skill, diligence, and human foresight.”
What does this mean for you in the context of your bus injury case? It means that seemingly minor errors or missteps can be considered a breach of the duty of care owed to you – which can make it easier for you to prove your case and recover compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bus Accident in Nevada?
Nevada has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, including those involving bus accidents.
So, you’ll usually have up to two years to take action and file a claim for damages after the date (a) you suffer injuries or (b) of your loved one’s death after a fatal bus accident in Las Vegas.
There are some times when the statute of limitations may differ. For instance, minors will have additional time to file a claim. Unless a parent or guardian files a claim on their behalf, the statute of limitations won’t begin to run until they turn 18.
The important takeaway is this: don’t let too much time go by without taking action. If you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you’ll lose the right to get any money at all.
You can protect your rights and increase the odds of a full financial recovery by calling an experienced Las Vegas trial attorney after you get hurt.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyer
Don’t leave well-deserved compensation on the negotiating table. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers and benefit from a team with 85+ years of combined experience handling tough cases like yours.
Our Las Vegas bus accident lawyers are ready to help you fight for maximum financial recovery. To get started, give our law office in Las Vegas, Nevada a call and schedule your initial case assessment now.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV