Did you or a loved one sustain injuries while walking around Las Vegas, NV? If someone else was responsible for the accident, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Las Vegas pedestrian accidents lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and much more.
Our lawyers have been committed to providing high-quality legal advice to injured clients since 2010. Over the years, we’ve recovered over $100 million in meaningful settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Table of Contents
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Las Vegas
Even something as simple as crossing the street in Las Vegas can be dangerous. Drivers aren’t always watching for pedestrians. If you’re struck by a car, there’s a good chance you may suffer severe injuries.
When someone else is responsible, you deserve to hold them accountable. Still, many accident victims don’t fully understand their legal rights and options. That’s where an experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorney can help.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we have over 85 years of collective experience. We go toe-to-toe with big insurance companies and their defense lawyers on a regular basis–and we’re known for winning.
Hiring our lawyers means you’ll have a team to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your accident
- Pinpoint who’s responsible for your injury
- Stand up and defend your rights if you are blamed for causing the accident
- Carefully calculate the fair value of your injury claim
- Negotiate with the other side to obtain the maximum compensation you deserve
- Advocate for your rights in court if the insurance company refuses a fair settlement
Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating and won the Avvo Client’s Choice Award. We’ve also been recognized for our legal representation by Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. To learn more about our experience, call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Las Vegas?
Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable. Even with advances in technology, pedestrian fatalities in the United States reached a 40-year high in 2021.
Based on preliminary data from the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), about 20 pedestrians were killed every day in 2021. That’s 7,485 pedestrian deaths in a single year.
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, 378 people were killed in pedestrian crashes in the state of Nevada between 2015 and 2019. 287 pedestrians were killed in Clark County alone. Of those, 79 fatalities were in Las Vegas.
Between 2019 and 2021 alone, 239 pedestrian fatalities were reported in Nevada.
What Is My Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Every accident case is unique. Our lawyers will have to carefully review the facts before we can accurately estimate the value of your personal injury claim.
Our experienced Las Vegas pedestrian accident attorneys at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you determine your case’s worth by evaluating:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The cost of your past medical treatment and costs
- Your anticipated future need for medical care and rehabilitation
- The value of your lost wages
- How the injury might impact your future career or education
- Whether the injury damaged your quality of life
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
Some types of damages are easy to value. For example, you’ll have receipts to prove the value of your past medical expenses. It can be far more difficult to quantify other types of damages. Your pain, suffering, and trauma are highly personal.
You can count on our experienced lawyers to calculate the fair value of your case. We’ve handled injury cases like yours before–and we have relationships with experts who can help in particularly complex cases.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Pedestrian Accident Victims?
Most accident victims are entitled to compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages under Nevada personal injury laws. In other words, you’re entitled to compensation to cover your financial expenses and for your intangible losses.
These damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages, income, and employment benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Physical disfigurement or scarring
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
It’s also possible that you could be entitled to punitive damages. These damages do not compensate you for a particular loss. Instead, juries can award punitive damages in cases where the defendant’s behavior was so shocking that it deserves to be punished.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Nevada?
If you were hit by a car, it’s possible that the at-fault driver is 100% responsible for the accident. However, multiple parties can also share blame for an accident. Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence law. Under Nevada state law, you can still recover damages as long as you are less than 51% to blame. If you are at least 51% liable, you’ll be barred from recovering damages.
Insurance companies often blame accident victims for contributing to the accident or failing to mitigate damages. If you’re being blamed, it’s important to call an experienced attorney who can defend you. Otherwise, you risk losing your right to compensation entirely.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Injuries
Pedestrians are much more likely than motorists to suffer serious injuries or death in a car accident.
Without a motor vehicle’s strong metal frame to protect them, pedestrians often sustain severe injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Degloving injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Back injuries
- Paralysis, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Catastrophic injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Amputation injuries
Pedestrian accident injuries are rarely minor. Some of these injuries can even be life-altering. If you or a loved one were injured walking around Las Vegas, call our lawyers for a free case review today.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Most pedestrian accidents happen at night and on urban roads. In fact, about 89% of all fatal pedestrian accidents in Nevada occur on urban roadways. In the end, most pedestrian accidents occur because someone wasn’t paying attention.
Some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians at intersections and crosswalks
- Distracted driving
- Inadequate lighting
- Negligently designed intersections
- Drunk driving
- Lack of sidewalks and other infrastructure to keep pedestrians safe
- Driving too close to the shoulder or sidewalk
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Dangerous turns
- Failure to check for pedestrians when backing up
- Running a red light or stop sign
- The pedestrian crossed the road outside of the designated crosswalk
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
Pedestrians can be particularly difficult for drivers to see. Still, there are many different factors that are contributing to the rise in pedestrian fatalities across the U.S. Texting while driving, cell phone use, and a growing trend toward larger SUVs have all played a role in the uptick in pedestrian deaths.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Pedestrian Accident in Nevada?
To recover damages after an accident, you’ll have to prove that someone else caused the accident.
To establish negligence, you must prove:
- You were owed a duty of care from the other party, meaning they had a duty to behave as a reasonable person would under the circumstances
- The other party breached that duty of care by making some type of mistake
- The breach of duty was the direct and proximate cause of the accident
- You suffered injuries, or damages, because of the crash
Our lawyers will search for evidence to establish each of these elements. We’ll locate any video surveillance footage, interview witnesses, and review all police and accident reports. Armed with that strong evidence, we’ll have the tools to build the strongest personal injury claim on your behalf.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Nevada?
You only have a limited amount of time to take legal action after an accident. In the State of Nevada, the statute of limitations is two years in most personal injury cases. You have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once the deadline passes, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Contact a Las Vegas Pedestrian Accidents Lawyers for a Free Consultation
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we know that a pedestrian accident can turn your life upside down. An experienced Las Vegas pedestrian accidents lawyer can help you recover the compensation you need to move forward. If you’re ready to get started, call to schedule your free case evaluation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Child Injury Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Product Liability Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas, NV