Did you or a loved one suffer injuries in a slip and fall accident in Reno, NV? You may be entitled to significant compensation from a negligent property owner. An experienced Reno slip and fall accident lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Since our law firm was founded, we’ve recovered over $100 million in settlements and verdicts for our injured clients. We’re ready to put our proven track record of success to work for you.
Proving your right to compensation can be difficult. To get the legal advice you deserve, call our law offices in Reno, Nevada to schedule a free consultation today at (775) 535-7768.
How Can Battle Born Injury Lawyers Help After a Slip and Fall Accident in Reno?
Slip and fall accident victims suffer serious injuries every day. Unfortunately, insurance companies often ignore or downplay these injuries because slip and fall cases are so common. With an experienced Reno personal injury lawyer by your side, the insurance company is much more likely to take your case seriously.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have over 85 years of experience between us. We’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars for our top-quality legal representation. We’ve also won the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award.
When you choose our lawyers to represent you, you can count on us to:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation into the accident
- Gather the evidence to prove causation and establish liability
- Hire experts and specialists when needed to strengthen your case
- Determine how much your slip and fall claim is worth
- Stand up for you if the insurance company blames you for the fall
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
Our Reno personal injury attorneys know how to build the strong negligence case you need to win fair compensation. We’re always ready to discuss your case, so call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Slip and Fall Accidents in Reno, NV?
Slips and falls are much more common than you might think. These accidents can also be more serious than expected. In fact, slip and fall accidents are the number one cause of injury and death among older Americans in the U.S.
According to CDC research, about 36 million older Americans report falls each year in the United States. About 8 million of those falls cause injuries.
In the state of Nevada, about 25% of all adults aged 65 and older reported a slip and fall in 2021.
Slips, trips, and falls aren’t just a problem for older adults. Over 1 million people visit the emergency room with slip and fall injuries every year in the U.S.
What is My Reno Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
There isn’t a precise formula that can be used to determine how much your personal injury case is worth. To calculate your case value, our Reno slip and fall accident attorneys will listen to your story and evaluate the facts.
The value of your claim will depend on many factors, including:
- The type of injuries you’ve sustained
- How the injury will impact your work, education, and quality of life
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your estimated future costs
- Your emotional suffering
- The strength of your negligence case
- The circumstances of the accident
Accident victims often accept insurance settlements that fail to account for their full damages. Our lawyers can help prevent that from happening. To learn more about how much your case is worth, call our legal team for a free case evaluation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Nevada?
If your case is successful, you can recover compensation for all of the damages you’ve suffered. That includes your economic damages and your non-economic losses.
Slip and fall injury victims are often entitled to recover compensation for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning potential
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the injury
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety or depression
- Loss of consortium
Every case is different. The types of damages you sustain will depend on the circumstances of the accident and injury. You can count on our team to identify all of your losses and demand the fair compensation you deserve.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Slip and Fall Accident in Nevada?
Insurance companies often try to blame slip and fall victims for their injuries. They might claim that the fall hazard was obvious, or they could simply claim you were clumsy. If they succeed, your right to compensation could be in jeopardy.
Nevada has a modified comparative negligence rule. Accident victims can recover damages if they’re less than 51% responsible for their accidents. In cases where the insurance company can prove that you were less than 51% responsible, you can recover partial compensation. Your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. Once your “percentage of fault” reaches 51%, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Allegations of shared fault are often unfair. The insurance company is betting that you don’t understand the laws that apply in your case. That’s why it’s always a good idea to speak with an experienced lawyer before taking a settlement offer.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we know how to defend you if you’re being blamed. Give us a call for a free case review today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Some slip and fall victims are lucky enough to walk away with just a few bruises. Unfortunately, not all victims are so lucky.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, our Reno slip and fall accident attorneys often represent clients who suffer from:
- Broken bones
- Wrist and ankle injuries
- Herniated discs and other back injuries
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder damage
- Soft tissue damage, including ligament tears and sprains
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
Some falls are so severe that the victim never recovers. If you lost a loved one in a fatal slip and fall accident, we can help you fight to recover damages for wrongful death.
What Causes Most Slip and Fall Accidents in Reno, Nevada?
Many slip and fall accidents occur because of dangerous conditions.
Some of the most common causes of slips and falls include:
- Slippery floors
- Loose carpets and floor mats
- Improper lighting, especially in staircases and walkways
- Puddles and spills
- Accumulated snow and ice
- Crumbling pavement
- Missing or damaged guardrails
- Uneven pavement
- Potholes in parking lots and walkways
- Debris, garbage, and other obstacles
- Loose cables, wires, and extension cords
- Damaged stairs
Our slip and fall attorneys in Reno will investigate to determine the cause of your accident. Just give us a quick call to schedule a free initial consultation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Slip and Fall Accident in Nevada?
Property owners have a legal duty to maintain their property in reasonably safe condition under Nevada premises liability laws. If you were injured in a slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold them liable for damages. However, property owners are only liable if they were negligent.
- The at-fault party had a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach caused your fall
- You sustained damages
As long as you were on the property legally, the owner owes you a duty of care. The scope of that duty depends on why you were visiting.
Businesses owe a heightened duty of care to customers, who are called “invitees.” They’re responsible for:
- Fixing any known hazards on the property
- Providing adequate warning about unsafe conditions that can’t be fixed immediately
- Conducting regular property inspections to locate hidden or unknown dangers
Private property owners have more limited duties toward social guests, or “licensees.” However, they can still be held liable if they fail to warn you about non-obvious dangers on the property.
Many different types of evidence can be used to prove your case. Our slip and fall lawyers will interview witnesses, review accident reports, and find any video surveillance footage of the accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall Accident in Nevada?
The statute of limitations in most Nevada personal injury cases is two years. You’ll have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. After two years pass, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Contact a Reno Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you slipped and fell in Reno, it’s important to call an experienced lawyer soon after the fall. An experienced Reno slip and fall accident lawyer can help you recover the maximum compensation possible. You can learn more about your options by calling Battle Born Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Reno, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Brain Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Wrongful Death Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
Reno Splip and Fall Blog Posts
- Step-by-Step Guide for Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Las Vegas, NV
- What Is a Lien on a Las Vegas Personal Injury Case?
Additional Reno Slip and Fall Resources
- Nevada Slip and Fall Laws – NOLO
- Guide to Slip and Fall Injury Lawsuits – Enjuris
- Slip and Fall Injuries on Government Property – LegalMatch
- Nevada Personal Injury & Accident Law – State Bar of Nevada
Reno, NV Physical Therapists
- Align Physical Therapy Group- 185 Cadillac Pl, Reno, NV 89509, United States
- Sierra Orthopaedic Physical Therapy- 1875 Plumas St #4, Reno, NV 89509, United States
- Nevada Physical Therapy- 1413 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, United States
- Sports & Performance Physical Therapy- 100 W Liberty St #170, Reno, NV 89501, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated physical therapists on Yelp.
Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers – Reno Law Office
Battle Born Injury Lawyers – Reno Law Office
675 W Moana Ln Suite 206
Reno, NV 89509
Available 24/7 to take your call!