Reno Truck Accident Lawyer
As the victim of a large truck accident in Reno, NV, you may be entitled to a substantial monetary award. Contact us or give Battle Born Injury Lawyers a call at (775) 535-7768 for immediate legal assistance. Our Reno truck accident lawyers are ready to invest whatever time and resources are necessary to get you a maximum financial recovery.
Since 2010, our nationally recognized trial attorneys have helped hundreds of clients across the Battle Born State. Putting over 85 years of combined experience behind every case, we’ve helped our clients achieve results exceeding $100 million in damages for cases like brain injuries, wrongful death claims, uber accidents in Reno, slip and fall cases, construction accidents, Reno motorcycle injuries, and more.
Don’t leave any money on the negotiating table. Fight to get every cent you deserve. Contact our Reno, Nevada law office to discuss your legal rights and options. We offer a free consultation, so call us for help now.
How Our Reno Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Tractor-Trailer Accident
Why did your large truck accident happen? Was it the truck driver’s fault? Did someone else play a role? What happens if the truck company’s insurer tries to blame you for the accident?
These are questions you shouldn’t have to tackle on your own. Fortunately, our experienced Reno personal injury lawyers have decades of experience going up against tough trucking companies and insurance companies in cases like yours. Take the time you need to rest and recover and let us handle your fight for compensation for you.
Here’s what you can expect when you turn to us for help after a commercial truck accident in Reno:
- A thorough independent investigation of your large truck accident
- Consultations with respected truck accident and injury specialists
- A careful assessment of your damages and valuation of your injury claim
- Defense against victim-blaming strategies that could hurt your chances of a financial recovery
- Negotiations with at-fault parties and insurance companies on your behalf
- Passionate litigation at trial in Washoe County if you get lowball settlement offers or other parties refuse to negotiate fairly
When you choose Battle Born Injury Lawyers, you don’t have to worry about the cost of hiring a truck accident lawyer. We work on contingency, which means that you pay absolutely nothing unless we win your case.
There’s no risk in asking for our help, so contact our law firm in Reno, Nevada to get started with a free, no-obligation case assessment now.
How Common Are Large Truck Accidents?
Nationwide, injuries resulting from large truck and bus accidents increased by about 62% between 2009 and 2015. In the four years that followed, bus and truck accidents increased by another 13%. In 2019, there were at least 119,000 truck accidents where injuries or deaths were reported.
Trucks are involved in many fatal motor vehicle accidents. In fact, it’s estimated that large trucks play a role in nearly 9 percent of all fatal passenger vehicle accidents. In 2019, there were no fewer than 5,005 fatal truck accidents reported in the United States.
What Are the Top Causes of Truck Accidents in Reno?
Most large commercial truck accidents in Reno, Nevada are entirely avoidable events.
Truck drivers have to get a CDL with the necessary endorsements before they can log hours behind the wheel of a big rig, semi-truck, tractor-trailer, or another type of commercial vehicle.
The trucking industry – including trucking services and brokers – is regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). It’s also bound by Nevada state trucking laws.
Anyone operating a motor vehicle or using a roadway in Reno shares a responsibility to exercise reasonable care.
Some of the most common examples include:
- Fatigued driving and violations of hours of service regulations
- Speeding or operating a large truck at unsafe speeds
- Distracted driving
- Driving in a truck’s blindspot
- Merging errors
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe turns
- Passing illegally
- Following too closely
- Unbalanced cargo loads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Failure to perform pre-and post-trip inspections
- Hazardous road conditions
- Negligent hiring
Bad weather, limited visibility, defective vehicles or safety equipment, and other factors can also contribute to truck wrecks in Reno.
Who’s Liable For a Nevada Semi-Truck Accident?
Following a thorough investigation into your crash, our Reno personal injury attorneys may determine that one or more of the following parties are responsible:
- Truck driver
- Another motorist on the road
- Trucking company or service
- Trucking broker
- Truck or vehicle manufacturer
- Property owner
- Government agency
- Employer of a negligent third-party
Complications can arise when a truck driver is employed as an independent contractor. This can mean that the trucking company may not be liable for the cost and consequences of your commercial truck accident. However, insurance should cover your situation.
It will be essential to work closely with an attorney with extensive experience handling complex truck accident cases like yours. We will work tirelessly to ensure that all liable parties are held accountable and that you recover all of the money you need to get back on your feet and move forward.
How Much Is My Case Worth After a Reno Truck Accident?
The amount of money you’ll be able to get after being hurt in a Reno truck accident will depend on many factors.
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Are you expected to make a full physical recovery?
- Can you continue to work and earn a living?
- Do you share responsibility for your large truck crash?
- What will it cost to replace and repair damaged property?
- What kind of insurance coverage is available?
- How old were you when you got hurt?
Traditionally, cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death tend to be worth the most. However, every case is unique. It will be important to discuss your situation with an experienced Reno truck accident attorney to fully understand what your case may be worth.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Reno Truck Accident Victims?
This can include money for:
- Hospitalization and other current medical bills
- The cost of future medical treatment and expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Temporary and or permanent disability
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing assistance
- Chronic physical pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If there is evidence that the defendant’s conduct was malicious, oppressive, or fraudulent, punitive damages may also be available. In other words, you may be entitled to additional compensation if you were hurt intentionally or if the defendant displayed a conscious disregard for your safety.
What Happens If I Share Responsibility for a Large Truck Crash in Nevada?
Nevada is one of many states to operate under a modified comparative negligence law with a 51% bar to recovery. You can recover compensation for truck accident injuries as long as you’re not mostly at fault.
Your damages will, however, be reduced based on your role in the accident.
Let’s say you sustain a traumatic brain injury and broken bones in a truck accident in Reno. You are assigned 50% fault because you were texting and driving at the time of the crash. Your case is valued at $2 million. You will recover $1 million in damages once your comparative negligence is factored in.
It will be important to work closely with an experienced attorney if you share responsibility or if other parties are trying to blame you for your wreck. At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we will work tirelessly to ensure that fault is assigned correctly and that you walk away with all of the money you deserve under Nevada state law.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit If I’ve Been in a Nevada Truck Accident?
Do not let time run out before taking action. Once the statute of limitations expires, so does your right to file a truck accident case and recover the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Reno Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you recently involved in a truck accident in or near Reno, Nevada? Don’t let a negligent truck driver or other at-fault parties off the hook. Demand the compensation you need and deserve. Better yet, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers and let our Reno truck accident attorneys fight for you.
We are ready to put 85+ years of combined experience behind your truck accident case. Our nationally recognized attorneys have already won well over $100 million for clients like you. Put yourself in the position to win by calling our law office in Reno to schedule a free consultation now.
Our personal injury law firm in Reno, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Brain Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Reno, NV
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Wrongful Death Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
Read more of our client reviews here.
Additional Reno Truck Accident Resources
- How Much Do Semi Trucks Weigh?
- Do I Need To File a Police Report After a Truck Accident?
- How Fast Can Commercial Trucks Safely Travel on Highways?
- Nevada State and Federal Trucking Regulations
- Lost Load Truck Accidents in Nevada
Highly Rated Physical Therapists in Reno, NV
- Align Physical Therapy Group
185 Cadillac Pl,
Reno, NV 89509
- Sierra Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
1875 Plumas St #4,
Reno, NV 89509
- Nevada Physical Therapy
1413 S Virginia St,
Reno, NV 89502
- Sierra Spine and Joint Physical Therapy
6630 S McCarran Blvd Ste A6,
Reno, NV 89509
- Premier Physical Therapy and Sports Performance
615 Sierra Rose Dr # 2A,
Reno, NV 89511
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.