Were you injured in a Lyft accident in Reno, NV? You might be confused about your legal rights and options after being involved in a rideshare accident, but the experienced car accident lawyers at Battle Born Injury Lawyers are here to assist you.
You may be owed significant compensation if you were injured in a Lyft accident, and our dedicated attorneys are here to demand it. Call for a free case review with a Reno Lyft accident lawyer at (775) 535-7768.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Accident in Reno
After a Lyft accident, it is important that you speak to a Reno car accident lawyer who can preserve valuable evidence in your case and advise you of your legal rights. You need a lawyer you know has the legal knowledge and experience to take your case all the way. You can trust Battle Born Injury Lawyers to do this for you because we:
- Have successfully recovered over $100 million for our deserving clients
- Have a combined 85 years of experience practicing law
- Are recognized by Super Lawyers, Nevada Business Journal, and the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Have a perfect 10 rating on Avvo, indicating our clients’ high satisfaction with our services and results
- Were awarded the Avvo Clients’ Choice award
If you would like more information about our legal services, contact our law office in Reno, Nevada, today.
What Is Lyft?
Lyft is a rideshare service that connects individuals who need a ride to a destination with drivers via an application. Combined, Uber and Lyft make up most of the rideshare market in many communities, including Reno, Nevada.
However, it is important to note that Lyft drivers are not professional drivers. They do not have a commercial driver’s license and are not taxi drivers. The requirements to by a driver for Lyft are minimal and include:
- Be age 25 or older
- Own a cellphone capable of operating the company’s app
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Carry auto insurance
- Have a four-door vehicle or rent through Express Drive
To begin driving with Lyft, applicants must submit specific documentation and must submit to a background check.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents in Reno, Nevada
Common causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Speeding to get more rides
- Distracted driving as rideshare drivers pay attention to the app
- Aggressive driving to get riders to their destinations faster to get more rides and higher reviews
- Driver fatigue because many people work for rideshare programs as a second job
- Driver inexperience
An experienced Reno car accident attorney can thoroughly investigate your claim and determine what caused it.
Complications of Lyft Accident Claims in Reno
Many people have heard of Lyft’s $1 million insurance policy. However, getting any portion of this coverage can be difficult. This is because there are many obstacles in place. For example, drivers may be required to submit an insurance claim through their personal insurance company first.
The availability of insurance will be different based on where the driver was in the scope of the transaction. For example, one insurance limit may apply if a driver was waiting for a ride request and another when the driver was actively driving. Insurance companies will work hard to minimize the amount of any claim.
Additionally, rideshare companies have generally been able to escape liability for accidents because they position themselves as a technology company rather than as a company that provides professional drivers. Additionally, the company hires independent contractors rather than employees to further insulate themselves from liability. Therefore, most claims will likely be resolved through an insurance claims process.
What To Do After a Lyft Accident in Reno, NV
If you are involved in a Lyft accident, here are some steps that you can take to protect your health and legal rights:
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Report the accident to authorities
- Request a copy of the accident report
- Exchange information with the other driver
- Ask witnesses for their contact information
- Take pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident, your injuries, and the accident scene
- Take note of any nearby cameras, such as traffic cameras or nearby businesses that have surveillance cameras
- Keep track of all your medical records, documents, and receipts related to your accident
You should also contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible, as an attorney can provide legal advice on moving forward with your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Reno Lyft Accident Attorney
If you were recently injured in a Lyft accident, you should be able to concentrate on your recovery – instead of dealing with an aggressive insurance company that is trying to prevent you from receiving the compensation you deserve.
The Reno Lyft accident attorneys at Battle Born Injury Lawyers have extensive experience handling cases like these. Let us put our considerable skills and resources to the test. Contact us today for your free case review.