Were you injured in a pedestrian accident in Reno, NV? Pedestrians often suffer the most serious injuries in a crash. If someone else caused the accident, an experienced Reno pedestrian accident lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
How Can Battle Born Injury Lawyers Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Reno?
If you were hit by a car, you shouldn’t have to fight with an insurance company to recover fair compensation. Unfortunately, most pedestrians will have to deal with insurance companies to get the money they need. You should expect the insurer to do anything they can to drive down your case value.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we have over 85 years of combined experience facing off against big insurance companies. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in meaningful financial settlements and verdicts to help our clients.
Our Reno personal injury lawyers have been recognized by Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars. We’ve also won the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award and earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating for our efforts.
Hiring us means you’ll gain an advocate to:
- Investigate the circumstances of the accident
- Determine who is responsible for your injuries
- Protect you if you’re blamed for causing the crash
- Calculate your case value
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to recover the maximum compensation possible
Pedestrian injuries can change your life in unexpected ways. You shouldn’t have to deal with the financial stress alone. Call our Reno personal injury attorneys for the legal advice you deserve today.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Reno, NV?
Today’s advanced technology can help keep occupants in passenger vehicles safe in a motor vehicle accident. However, pedestrians remain as vulnerable as ever.
A new report by the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) shows just how dangerous pedestrian accidents can be. Across the U.S., preliminary data estimates that about 7,485 pedestrians were killed in car accidents in 2021. That’s the highest number of pedestrian deaths in four decades.
Approximately 88 pedestrians died in the state of Nevada in 2021 – and the problem isn’t new. About 378 pedestrians were killed in fatal traffic accidents between 2015 and 2019. 89% of those fatal crashes happened on urban roadways.
What is My Reno Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
All personal injury claims are unique. There’s no accurate way to estimate your damages without first evaluating the facts of your case. That said, some things tend to be important in every pedestrian accident case.
Some of the factors that are important in determining how much your personal injury case is worth include:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Whether you’ll suffer any permanent disability or impairment
- The cost of your medical care and out-of-pocket expenses
- Whether the injury impacts your ability to work or return to work
- The impact of the injury on your quality of life and future lifestyle
- The identity of the responsible party
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
- The amount of insurance coverage available
The insurance company will have its own ideas about your case value. You don’t have to accept their offer at face value. Instead, contact an experienced Reno pedestrian accident attorney who can help you establish the fair value of your personal injury claim.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Pedestrian Accident Victims in Nevada?
In Nevada, accident victims are entitled to two types of compensatory damages: economic and non-economic damages. These damages are designed to make you “whole” again after an accident.
What Are Economic Damages?
Economic damages provide compensation for your financial losses.
Common examples include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
It’s important to keep all receipts related to the accident. Our lawyers can help you gather the documentation you’ll need to prove your financial losses. We also have relationships with experts who can help estimate the value of your future costs.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
Non-economic damages are your non-financial losses. These are the types of damages that can be difficult to quantify.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
You won’t have receipts to support your non-economic damages claim. That makes it easy for the insurance company to try downplaying the extent of your losses. Our Reno personal injury lawyers have handled countless cases like yours and can help assess the monetary value of your non-economic damages.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Nevada?
It’s still possible that you could be blamed for causing the accident even if you were hit by a car. Sometimes those claims are legitimate. After all, pedestrians make mistakes too. Sharing blame doesn’t mean that you’ll automatically lose your right to compensation.
Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence law. Accident victims can recover compensation if they’re less than 51% liable for the accident. If you’re at least 51% responsible, you’ll lose your right to seek compensation.
Allegations of shared fault should be taken seriously. Even if you’re only slightly responsible, your compensation will be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault. Our lawyers can help you mitigate any impact of the shared fault laws in Nevada. We know how to defend you, so give us a call for a free case review today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians are the most likely to suffer serious injury or even death in an auto accident.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we often help clients who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
These types of injuries can haunt you for a lifetime. If you or a loved one were injured, call our experienced Reno pedestrian accident attorneys to learn more about your legal right to compensation today.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents in Reno, Nevada?
You won’t automatically be awarded compensation if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. Before you can recover damages, you’ll have to prove that someone else’s mistake caused the accident.
Our lawyers handle all types of accident claims, including those involving:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Texting while driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians at intersections and crosswalks
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Passing too close to the shoulder or sidewalk
- Dangerous turns
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Inadequate lighting on roadways
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Negligently designed intersections
Pedestrians are more difficult to see than motor vehicles. That’s especially true when they share the roads at night. Many pedestrian crashes happen because a driver doesn’t see the pedestrian.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Pedestrian Accident in Nevada?
More specifically, the elements of a negligence case are:
- A legal duty of care
- Breach of the duty of care
- Causation, which requires proof that the breach directly caused the accident
- Damages, meaning physical injuries, emotional trauma, or financial losses
To establish these elements, you’ll need evidence.
Our lawyers will conduct a full investigation to locate strong evidence to prove your case, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Video surveillance footage
- Dash cam footage
- Cell phone records
- Police toxicology reports
- Photos of the crash scene
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- And more
It’s important for us to begin our investigation as soon as possible. That way, we’ll have the best chance of recovering the strongest evidence possible.
Are you ready to learn more about how we can help while you recover? Call our personal injury law firm in Reno to schedule a free case evaluation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Nevada?
Contact a Reno Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
A serious traffic accident can change your life in a matter of moments. Unfortunately, recovering the fair compensation you deserve can take much longer.
An experienced Reno pedestrian accident lawyer can help you cut through the red tape and get the money you need and deserve. To learn more, call Battle Born Injury Lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Our personal injury law firm in Reno, NV also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Brain Injury Attorney in Reno, NV
- Car Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Reno, NV
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Reno, NV
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Reno, NV
- Wrongful Death Accident Lawyer in Reno, NV
Our Reno Law Office
Available 24/7 to take your call!
Highly Rated Emergency Rooms in Reno, NV
- Renown Health Urgent Care – Ryland
975 Ryland St,
Reno, NV 89502, United States
- ER at McCarran NW
10290 N McCarran Blvd,
Reno, NV 89503, United States
- Family Quick Care Clinic
411 E Taylor St A,
Reno, NV 89502, United States
- Renown Regional Medical Center Emergency Room
1155 Mill St,
Reno, NV 89502, United States
- Carbon Health Urgent Care Reno – Smithridge Plaza
5067 S McCarran Blvd,
Reno, NV 89502, United States
Reno Pedestrian Accidents Blog Posts
- How Much Money Can You Get From a Pedestrian Accident Claim Involving a Car in Reno, Nevada?
- Right of Way Laws in Nevada
Reno Pedestrian Accidents Resources
- Car Accidents With Pedestrians – NOLO
- Pedestrian Safety – City of Reno
- Pedestrian Safety Projects – Pedestrian Safety Projects