Few car accidents are as confusing as multi-vehicle car crashes. These types of crashes may involve more than one responsible party, multiple injury victims, and various insurance companies that are all trying to shift the blame to someone else.
This is for good reason since multi-vehicle car crashes can result in expensive damages. However, this should not stop you from seeking the compensation you need and deserve after being harmed in a multi-vehicle car crash in Las Vegas, Nevada.
If you were injured in a Las Vegas multi-vehicle car crash, contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. You can arrange a free initial consultation with Battle Born Injury Lawyers by calling us today at (702) 570-9000.
How Our Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Multi-Vehicle Car Crash
If you were involved in a multi-vehicle car accident in Las Vegas, NV, you should be able to concentrate on your recovery. You shouldn’t have to deal with insurance companies who are not interested in your well-being. Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys can launch a detailed investigation to determine all at-fault parties and explore all options for recovery.
You can trust Battle Born Injury Lawyers to handle your claim confidently. We are well-respected in the legal community, as demonstrated by our recognition as Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, and the Top 40 Under 40.
If you hire our Las Vegas multi-vehicle car crash attorneys for help, we’ll:
- Investigate your complicated collision to determine everyone who may share liability
- Value your damages and ensure you recover an amount that’s fair
- Work with accident reconstructionists and other experts as we build a solid case on your behalf
- Handle all negotiations and communications on your behalf while you focus on healing
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Contact our Las Vegas law office today for your free case review to see how we can help.
What Is a Multi-Vehicle Car Crash?
A multi-vehicle crash is any crash that involves three or more vehicles. Otherwise known as a pileup or chain-reaction accident, these crashes can result in many injuries and possibly deaths. An initial crash may be followed by other collisions. These accidents are more likely to occur in areas where traffic is congested.
What Are Common Causes of Multi-Vehicle Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Multi-vehicle accidents are more likely to occur in certain conditions, such as:
- Heavy traffic – If vehicles are following each other too closely, they may not be able to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Adverse weather – Icy and slippery roads can create poor visibility and be more difficult to traverse than roads during clear weather. This is why many pileups occur during adverse weather.
- Lack of maneuverability – Sometimes, even when a driver recognizes a danger ahead, there is nowhere safe for them to go to avoid a collision. This is why there are many pileup accidents that occur on highways.
- Multiple forms of driver negligence – Multi-vehicle car accidents are often precipitated by driver negligence, such as speeding, distracted driving, driving while impaired, fatigued driving, following too closely, or other driving mistakes.
- Rubbernecking – Sometimes, secondary crashes occur after other drivers are observing the accident scene. They may run into other motorists, causing secondary crashes.
In the aftermath of a pileup accident, it can be difficult to determine how the accident occurred. An experienced Las Vegas multi-vehicle car crash lawyer can help.
Other Common Types of Car Accidents
Evidence To Help Establish Fault in a Multi-Vehicle Accident in Las Vegas, NV
Because there may be many conflicting reports about how the accident occurred and possibly multiple people who may be at fault, you will need convincing evidence to help establish liability. Determining fault often comes down to determining which driver acted negligently to start off the chain reaction.
The insurance company may conduct an investigation to determine whose negligence set off the chain reaction. This will be the driver who failed to practice the duty of care to keep other motorists safe.
The other drivers may not have had enough time to avoid subsequent collisions, or others may have also been negligent. The insurance company may need to conduct an extensive investigation to determine fault. They may interview multiple drivers and witnesses, analyze evidence, and review the accident report to assign fault.
Even if the insurance company determines who is at fault for the accident, you may not want to rely solely on this investigation. The insurance company is a for-profit company that will want to prioritize profits over making fair payouts to claimants. They will often look for anything they can that allows them to shift the blame to other parties.
Your Las Vegas car accident lawyer can conduct an investigation that involves analyzing the following evidence:
- Accident report – The accident report may provide an initial determination of fault, the law enforcement officer’s overall impression, and whether any drivers were cited for traffic violations.
- Pictures or videos – Pictures or videos of the accident scene or the moments leading up to the accident can provide a clearer perspective about the details of the accident.
- Eyewitness statements – Because the drivers will have an interest in denying their own responsibility for the accident, objective statements from neutral eyewitnesses can be powerful evidence.
A lawyer may be able to identify and collect additional evidence in your case that can help establish how the accident occurred and who is at fault.
What If I’m Partially At Fault for the Las Vegas Multi-Vehicle Car Crash?
Nevada’s modified comparative negligence law allows you to recover compensation from an accident where you were partially negligent for the accident as long as your negligence is not greater than that of the defendants’. Additionally, the amount of compensation you recover is reduced by your portion of the fault.
Contact Our Las Vegas Car Crash Lawyers for a Free Consultation After a Multi-Vehicle Car Crash
If you were injured in a multi-vehicle accident, Battle Born Injury Lawyers is here to help sort through the confusion. We can help you pursue full and fair financial recovery. Contact us and request a free consultation today.