Common Injuries from Las Vegas Car Accidents

Las Vegas car accidents caused about 20,000 injuries per year between 2016 and 2020. Additionally, between 200 and 300 people die every year on Las Vegas roads.

Nevada does not release statistics about specific injuries or injury types. But you can infer the injuries that motor vehicle occupants suffer from the types of car crashes that happen in Las Vegas.

If you’ve sustained injuries in a collision in Las Vegas, Nevada, contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation to discuss your accident at (702) 570-9000.

How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Las Vegas, NV

How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Las Vegas, NV

Battle Born Injury Lawyers was established in 2010 to serve accident victims across Nevada. Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys have over 85 years of experience fighting against at-fault drivers and their insurers for fair compensation.

Over the past 13 years, our lawyers have helped clients recover over $100 million in injury compensation, and we know how to get the financial recovery our clients deserve.

If you hire our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers for help after a collision, we’ll: 

  • Help you understand your options and answer your questions 
  • Investigate and collect evidence to prove the elements of your claim 
  • Calculate your damages and fight for every dollar 
  • Negotiate with insurance companies and protect your rights 
  • Represent you in court proceedings if necessary

Car accident injuries can require expensive medical treatment and prevent you from working. Contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV for a free consultation to discuss your car accident and the injury compensation you can seek today.

How Often Do Car Accidents in Las Vegas Cause Injuries?

The Nevada Department of Transportation Crash Data Map covers crash statistics from 2016 to 2020. During this time, over 57% of crashes in Clark County only caused property damage, and over 42% caused a non-fatal injury. The remaining 1% were fatal crashes.

This means drivers in Las Vegas Valley crashes had roughly a 43% chance of suffering a fatal or non-fatal injury and a 57% chance of walking away without any injury. But this does not tell the whole story.

Many of these injuries were so minor that they only needed first aid. Other injuries incapacitated the accident victims, leading to permanent disabilities like brain damage and paralysis. While you have a 43% chance of suffering an injury in a Las Vegas crash, the injury you suffer could vary widely in severity.

Some Common Injuries Suffered in Las Vegas Car Crashes

The U.S. Department of Transportation classifies injuries using the KABCO scale. In this rating system:

  • K means a fatal injury
  • A means an incapacitating injury that prevents the accident victim from leaving the accident scene under their own power
  • B refers to a visible but non-incapacitating injury
  • C refers to a complaint of pain or other symptoms but without any visible injury
  • O means the accident victim was uninjured

Injuries from Las Vegas car accidents fall all along this scale. 

Some of these common injuries include:

Concussion Injury

A concussion happens when the brain shakes inside the skull. The cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) prevents the brain from actually striking the skull. But the pressure of the CSF causes inflammation of the brain.

The inflammation produces symptoms such as:

  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Drowsiness
  • Nausea
  • Memory loss
  • Clumsiness

These symptoms often go away after about two months. But in the meantime, you will require rest and probably miss at least some time from work.

Spinal Cord Injury

Spinal cord injuries happen when the spinal cord gets severed. A severed spinal cord can produce total or partial paralysis. 

A spinal cord injury in the neck will affect all four limbs. This condition, called quadriplegia, is one of the most catastrophic injuries you can suffer. You will suffer a significant loss in mobility and may even need a ventilator to help you breathe.

Broken Bones

Broken bones happen when the forces you experience during the crash overcome the inherent material strength of your bones. 

Some bones people tend to fracture in a car crash include the:

  • Ribs
  • Finger, hand, or wrist bones
  • Facial bones
  • Ankle or leg bones

Simple fractures heal in six to eight weeks. But shattered bones from crushing injuries may require surgery and can take up to a year to heal.

Herniated Disc

In a car crash, your body will twist and bend unnaturally. As a result, your spine will hyperextend and compress. When the spine compresses, the vertebrae can crush the discs.

A crushed disc can deform, producing a herniation on the side of the disc. This protrusion can press on the nerve roots, leading to:

  • Radiating pain
  • Numbness or tingling
  • Weakness
  • Muscle spasms

Doctors might relieve the nerve pain associated with herniated discs with anti-inflammatory injections. Or they might remove the deformed disc surgically.

Soft Tissue Injury

The best-known soft tissue injury is whiplash. This injury happens when your head whips back and forth during a collision and pulls your neck. As a result, you strain the muscles and tendons in your neck.

Other soft tissue injuries you could suffer in a crash include:

  • Joint sprains
  • Torn cartilage
  • Muscle strains

Minor injuries often heal on their own over the span of a few months. Severe injuries may require surgery.

Types of Car Accident Claims We Handle

Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Las Vegas Car Accident Injury Lawyers To Discuss Your Injuries

Car accidents in Las Vegas can cause injuries that disable you from earning a living. Our experienced Las Vegas car accident attorneys proudly deliver unrivaled client service and will fight for the compensation and justice you deserve. 

To discuss the compensation you can seek for your car accident injuries, contact Battle Born Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation.

Additional Auto Accident Resources

Learn more about car accident FAQs: