Have you been in a car crash in Las Vegas? It can be scary and confusing to know what to do next. Las Vegas roads are always busy, and crashes can happen when you least expect them. But don’t worry, Battle Born Injury Lawyers is here to help you. Call us at (702) 570-9000.
We know a lot about car accidents in Las Vegas, NV, and what you should do after one. We’re here to help you understand your rights and to make sure you get the help you need.
Whether you live in Vegas or are just visiting, we can give you easy-to-follow advice on what to do after your crash contact us today. Our goal is to help you feel better during this tough time.
How Battle Born Injury Lawyers Can Help You Recover Compensation After a Las Vegas Car Accident
If you’ve been in a car accident in Las Vegas, Nevada, choosing the right lawyer is crucial.
Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers are some of the most well-respected in the area. Here’s why Battle Born Injury Lawyers is the team you need:
- Decades of Experience: Our team has over 85 years of combined legal experience. We’ve seen it all and know how to get the best results for our clients in Las Vegas.
- Unique Insights into Nevada Law: Our lawyers include former insurance defense attorneys. This means we understand exactly how insurance companies think and work to undervalue claims. We use this knowledge to fight hard for you.
- Proven Results: Since we started, we’ve won over $100 million for our clients, including many multi-million dollar settlements. With us, you’re getting a team that knows how to win big in Nevada.
- No Fees Unless We Win: We work on a contingency fee basis. You won’t pay us anything in attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you. Plus, we offer a free first meeting to talk about your case.
- Award-Winning Service: Our dedication to our clients has earned us recognition from top legal organizations. We’re known for our fierce, compassionate advocacy.
At Battle Born Injury Lawyers, we live by our motto: “Your battle is our fight.” When you choose us, your fight becomes ours. We’ll use all our skills and resources to level the playing field with insurance companies and maximize your claim’s value. Contact us for a free case review today.
What Steps Should I Take After an Accident in Las Vegas?
If you’re in a car accident in Las Vegas, it’s important to know what to do. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Stop Your Car: Never drive away from an accident scene. It’s against the law in Nevada. Make sure to stop and check what happened.
- Check for Injuries and Alert Law Enforcement: See if anyone is hurt – this includes you, your passengers, and anyone in the other car. You should also call 911 right away. Quick help can prevent worse injuries or even save lives.
- Move Your Car Safely: If you can, move your car to a safe spot close to where the accident happened. This keeps you and others safe and follows Nevada law.
- Exchange Information: Share your insurance details with the other driver. It’s required by law. If you don’t have insurance, you still need to give them your contact information. Remember, you can still get money for damages even if you don’t have insurance.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there are people who saw the accident, get their contact info quickly. They might leave soon, and their information can be really important for your case.
- Take Photos: Use your phone to take pictures of all the cars involved, their license plates, any damage, and where the accident happened. These photos can help a lot later.
From here, you should set up a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer. Remember, these steps can help protect you and make sure you have everything you need for your insurance claim or if you need to go to court.
What Should You Know About Insurance Laws After a Car Accident in Las Vegas?
If you’re in a car accident in Las Vegas, it’s important to know about the insurance laws in Nevada. Here are some key points:
- Nevada Is a Fault State: This means that the person who caused the accident (or their insurance) has to pay for the damages. You’ll usually file a claim against the other driver’s insurance. But sometimes, someone else might be responsible, like a car maker if there was a problem with the car. A good lawyer can help figure out who should pay.
- Insurance Limits Matter: In Nevada, insurance companies only pay up to the limit on the policy. The minimum coverage is:
- $25,000 for injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for injury or death of more than one person
- $20,000 for property damage
- If your damages are more than these amounts, you might need to sue the person who caused the accident directly.
- Comparative Negligence Rule: Sometimes, more than one person is at fault for an accident. In Nevada, you can still get money as long as you aren’t mostly responsible for the accident. But the amount you get will be less if you are partly to blame. The exact amount can be decided by the insurance company, a judge, or a jury.
- Get a Lawyer if You’re Partly at Fault: Insurance companies might try to blame you more to pay you less. If you think you’re partly to blame, it’s really important to talk to a lawyer. They’ll fight to make sure you’re not unfairly blamed and help you get the most money possible.
Knowing these laws can help you understand what to expect with your insurance claim after an accident.
Contact Our Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Las Vegas and need help navigating the insurance laws or filing a claim, Battle Born Injury Lawyers is here for you. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let’s discuss how our Las Vegas car accident lawyers can help you get the compensation and peace of mind you deserve.