Battle Born Injury Lawyers | January 18, 2023 | Car Accidents
In Nevada, in-state drivers must carry a minimum amount of car accident insurance coverage. Additionally, Nevada is an “at-fault” state when it comes to car accidents. This means that a driver responsible for causing an accident is also financially responsible for any damages or injuries that result. Below is an explanation of how to file a Las Vegas car accident claim with Allstate and maximize your chances of receiving generous compensation.
Allstate Claims Process
If you have been in a car accident in Las Vegas and the at-fault driver uses Allstate liability auto insurance, you might be wondering how to submit Allstate auto insurance claims. Following are step-by-step instructions to assist you:
- Keep yourself and any passengers or pedestrians involved in the accident safe. Call 911 for medical assistance if anyone is hurt. If you can, transfer your automobile to a safe area if the collision is small and no one is hurt.
- Gather the names, addresses, and insurance information of the other driver(s) who were involved in the collision, as well as the year, make, and model of each vehicle.
- Document the accident site with photos. Photograph any damage to any automobile. Try to obtain the names and contact details of any witnesses.
- Call Allstate insurance to report a claim. You can use their claims hotline (1-800-ALLSTATE). You will have to provide information about the other driver and the specifics of the collision. It’s better if you retain a lawyer before talking to the insurance company.
- Obtain a quote: Allstate will send an adjuster to inspect the damage to your vehicle and give you a quote for the repairs. You can also bring your automobile to a repair shop of your choosing for a quote if you’d prefer.
- Repair your vehicle: After you’ve selected a repair facility and gotten an estimate, Allstate will cooperate with that facility to expedite repairs.
- Keep track of your costs: If you have any out-of-pocket costs from the accident, such as car rental fees or medical bills, document them. Submit them to Allstate for reimbursement at the appropriate time.
- Settlement: If the other motorist was at fault, you might be able to negotiate a deal with Allstate to pay for your damages. If the other driver lacked insurance, Allstate’s (optional) uninsured motorist protection can pay for your damages.
You might find it difficult to file a vehicle accident claim with Allstate. By following these instructions, however, you can probably resolve your claim quickly and fairly.
How To Maximize the Value of Your Claim
See below for ways to maximize the value of your claim:
- Document the accident as thoroughly as possible. Collect contact and insurance information from the other driver, obtain witness statements, and photograph the scene of the accident.
- Estimate your economic damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and incidental expenses (such as rental car expenses). Document everything.
- Be ready to negotiate with the insurance company. Better yet, retain a lawyer to do the negotiating for you.
Remember, it’s not just whether you win or lose – it’s how much you win.
Tactics You Need To Watch Out For
Allstate car insurance claims involve the same risks as claims with other car insurance companies. No matter which insurance company you are negotiating with, watch out for the following tactics:
- Lulling you to sleep with constant delays until you miss the statute of limitations deadline. You normally have two years to file an injury claim arising from a car accident in the State of Nevada.
- Taking advantage of your financial need to pressure you into accepting an inadequate (but speedy) settlement.
- Interviewing you with trick questions and then using your answers against you.
There are three of a thousand tricks that insurance adjusters play to diminish the value of your claim.
If Your Claim Is Large, You Probably Need a Lawyer
Allstate insurance claims adjusters are trained professionals, and they negotiate settlements for a living. If your claim is large, you should hire a car accident lawyer to protect your interests. A lawyer at Battle Born Injury Lawyers can:
- Navigate the claims process for you;
- Negotiate on your behalf to ensure you receive maximum compensation;
- Help you understand your legal options; and
- Represent you in court if necessary.
Very few car accident claims go to court—most of them settle at the negotiating table. But having that option on the table can help you reach a more advantageous outcome.
Contact the Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys at Battle Born Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident in Las Vegas and you need legal assistance, contact our car accident attorneys at Battle Born Injury Lawyers and schedule a free consultation with our legal team.